Based in Leeds. Travel to our other offices will be required.
We require a Legal Cashier who will sit within our Finance team along with five other Cashiers. You will be supporting all departments across the practice which includes Leeds, Sheffield and York and must be prepared to work at our other branches if requested.
You will need to be able to demonstrate experience in bank payments, receipts & reconciliations, billing, an understanding of purchase ledger and nominal ledger, have an understanding of the Solicitors Accounts Rules and have the necessary enthusiasm & drive to work within the legal sector.
What duties will the role include?
The work you will be carrying out will be challenging and wide-ranging and key responsibilities will include;
- Ensuring compliance with the SAR, Money Laundering Regulations and VAT requirements in all aspects of the role
- Adhering to Cyber Security and being vigilant at all times
- Bill processing
- Cheque production
- Daily banking
- Making electronic payments via our on line banking facility
- High volume bank reconciliation
- Distribution and reconciliation of petty cash
- Monitoring incoming and outgoing bank credit payments
- Liaising with fee earners and support staff across the practice, ensuring excellent client service is delivered at all times
- Performing interest calculations & posting them onto the system
- Ad-hoc project work
What skills and experience do I need to have?
- Experience gained from working in a busy legal cashiering role
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to prioritise
- Knowledge and experience of using MS Office including Excel
- An ability to work under pressure
- A team player ethos with a strong client focussed approach
- Excellent client facing and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- The ability to prioritise effectively and remain calm under pressure
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Experience in working in a fast paced environment
- Strong organisation skills
- Be confident dealing with telephone queries
Knowledge of the Envision Practice Management system would be advantageous.
To apply for this role please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lupton Fawcett is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. If the role is of interest to you, please submit your CV and covering letter via the form below where your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Unfortunately we are unable to respond to all applications. If you do not hear from us please assume you have been unsuccessful in your application. We would like to retain your details, CV and all of the information contained within it for the purpose of potentially filing a future vacancy with Lupton Fawcett and for which we believe you are suitable.
To show your consent please tick the box below. You are able to withdraw this at any time by writing to us at Lupton Fawcett LLP, Yorkshire House, East Parade, Leeds, LS1 5BD, emailing us at email@example.com or by calling a member of the HR team on 0113 280 2000.