Lupton Fawcett Launches its Own ‘BA’
Lupton Fawcett is set to launch its own ‘BA’ course (Business Acumen) to the student children of its valued clients and contacts.
The ‘BA’ will comprise a two-day ‘finishing school’ type programme for young adults who are either at University or about to be. Set in a local hotel, the student will be introduced to the business world by a series of tailored workshops designed to help them when they have finished University and begin their careers.
The Business Development team at Lupton Fawcett identified key areas which would be most beneficial to them. The workshops will include:
- How to network and build contacts
- How to build a powerful CV
- How to ensure their internet history is clean
- How to dress for success
- Why they should find an experienced business mentor
- How to write a business plan
- How to work as a team and not as an individual
- How to dine and order wine without embarrassment
- Why it is necessary to have a strategic accountant, lawyer, banker and financial adviser
- Plus others
Philip Drazen, Director and Head of Business Law, and the brainchild behind the idea, comments: “This is our way of giving something back to our valued clients and contacts. The course is completely free and it is designed to help students build their confidence when they eventually branch out into their chosen careers. Young people today are increasingly required to expand on their capabilities. What we want to try and achieve for tomorrow’s business leaders is to provide them with a spring board of skills in addition to their academic knowledge.