Elizabeth is a senior associate solicitor in our York office in the area of Trusts, Wills and Estate planning. She is an American by birth and had an extensive career in the United States Air Force as a Signals Intelligence Officer. She spent 12 years on active duty and then another nine years in the active reserves retiring at the rank of Major. While in the reserves she attended the University of Southern California earning her Juris Doctorate. She qualified as an attorney at law in California working principally in antitrust and business litigation. She was also a volunteer attorney at AIDS Project Los Angeles where she provided Wills and other testamentary documents for its clients.
Elizabeth was admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in 2004 and since then she has specialised in estate planning, probate and elderly client law. Elizabeth has an open and friendly approach to her clients. She is able to competently and empathetically steer them through the issues surrounding making Wills and dealing with the death of a loved one.
- 1976 – Bachelor of Arts Degree, Forensic Studies (Police Administration), Indiana University
- 1978 – Commissioned Second Lieutenant in the United States Air Force
- 1986 – Master of Arts Degree, Procurement, Webster University
- 1991 – Juris Doctorate Degree, University of Southern California
- 1992 – Admitted to the Bar as an Attorney at Law in California
- 1994 – Admitted to the Federal Bar of the United States of America
- 1998 – Retired as a Major in the United States Air Force, Reserves
- 2004 – Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors, England and Wales
- 2004 – Joined Raworths LLP as a Solicitor
- 2010 – Joined Newtons Solicitors Ltd and opened their Probate and Estate Planning Department
- 2014 – Joined Lupton Fawcett as Senior Associate
What Others Say
Thank you so much for all your help. I feel I have gone through so much with you. Thank you for being my ‘Legal Eagle’. Anon
It has been a very great pleasure to work with you on both Dad’s and Mum’s estates and I have very much appreciated your support throughout what has been a very stressful time. Anon
Elizabeth is not just ‘a’ Solicitor, she will go that extra mile to help. I cannot thank her enough. Anon
I am pleased to hear that the estate has been wound up as it has been a long and difficult process. May I say what a pleasure it has been to work with you professionally and personally and I am grateful for all your help. Anon
Thanks for all your hard work dealing with Mum’s estate. From the off you were well in tune with my brother’s reluctance to get involved and dealt delicately with that situation. You always had time for me when I telephoned or you had reason to ring and your explanations were suited to my level of understanding. Anon
Thanks for everything. There is only one solicitor for me. Anon
- Law Society
- Affiliate Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
When not at work
Elizabeth and her partner own a bed & breakfast in Grassington in the Yorkshire Dales. Early mornings and evenings she is busy with this business in a variety of ways. She enjoys cooking and baking but her special love is gardening and growing her own vegetables, fruits and herbs. Elizabeth’s favourite sport is American Football (Indianapolis Colts) and her favourite tipple is Whisky (on the rocks with a splash).