Geraint is a Director and Member in the Dispute Management Department in Leeds.
He has particular expertise in general commercial litigation and real estate litigation, having acted for a number of years for various household names, including Wm Morrison Supermarkets Plc, Comet, Glen Dimplex, FirstGroup Plc, SafeStyle UK and Hand Picked Hotels, as well as many private individuals and regional owner managed businesses.
He has represented clients in all English courts up to and including the Supreme Court of the United Kingdom (formerly the House of Lords).
He also regularly presents on topical commercial landlord and tenant issues to institutional and private property investors, property managers and surveyors.
- Shareholder disputes and minority shareholder prejudice claims (under section 994 of the Companies Act)
- General contractual disputes
- Intellectual Property disputes
- Restrictive covenants and restraint of trade
- Commercial Agency and Distribution disputes
- Professional Negligence
- Injunctive proceedings & relief
- Contentious lease renewals under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Trespass, Rights of Way and Adverse Possession
- Break notices, lease surrender
- Landlord and Tenant insolvency
- 1997 Graduated from Durham University (BA (Hons), English Literature
- 1999 Graduated from the University of Leeds (LL.M, Master of Laws)
- 2000 Employed in the banking software and insurance industries
- 2004 Started work as a Trainee Solicitor
- 2006 Qualified as a Solicitor; Associate at Nabarro LLP
- 2007 Senior Solicitor, Gordons LLP
- 2012 Senior Associate, Lupton Fawcett
- 2013 Director and Member, Lupton Fawcett
What Others Say
Geraint has dealt with several contentious matters for us in the recent past and we have without exception found him to be accessible, tenacious and at pains to offer the high level of client service seldom seen from other service providers. - General Counsel, Major Plc
I have known Geraint for several years and he offers a very high level of client service with which I have always been very satisfied. - Company Secretary, National retailer
We had two commercial disputes which were both resolved quickly, successfully and professionally by Geraint. We would highly recommend his service. - John Jackson, Managing Director, Safeon Limited
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Leeds Law Society
- Property Litigation Association
When not at work
Geraint enjoys foreign travel, country pursuits and walking his German Shepherd. He is also a qualified private pilot and has toured most of Europe by light aircraft. He is presently a trustee of The Lighthouse School, a private school for young people with learning difficulties.