Hannah is a Senior Solicitor in the Commercial Property department at Lupton Fawcett. She is based in the York office and specialises in all agricultural matters.
Hannah was born and raised in York and completed her training contract with Dickinson Dees LLP (now Bond Dickinson) in their Yorkshire office before moving to a Shropshire-based law firm where she specialised in all areas of agriculture and rural affairs for four years. She returned to her native Yorkshire in September 2015.
Hannah provides advice in relation to all aspects of property-based agricultural, rural and landed estate work. Hannah advises her clients on a variety of matters in connection with the acquisition and disposal of freehold land as well as agricultural or business leasehold matters with particular emphasis on Agricultural Holding Act tenancies, tenancies under the Agricultural Tenancies Act 1995 and refinancing.
Being surrounded by all things equine from a very young age, Hannah has a particular interest in equine law and has advised clients on acquisitions, sales and leases of equestrian yards, livery agreements and contracts for the sale and purchase of horses.
Hannah also provides advice in relation to farming contracts, partnership matters and telecoms leases.
In addition, Hannah advises clients in connection with sporting rights, granting easements, rights of way, boundaries, commons and land registration.
- Property related rural and agricultural law transactions
- Agricultural tenancy matters
- Estate management
- Acquisitions and disposals of freehold and leasehold properties
- Equine law
- Development agreements
- Commercial tenancies
- 2007 Graduated from Newcastle University with a degree in Law
- 2008 Completed the Legal Practice Course at the College of Law, York
- 2008 Joined Dickinson Dees LLP as a Trainee Solicitor
- 2010 Qualified as a Solicitor
- 2011-2015 Practised agricultural law at a law firm in Shropshire
- 2015 Joined Lupton Fawcett as a Senior Solicitor
- Country Landowners Association (CLA)
- Agricultural Law Association (ALA)
- Law Society
- Chamber of Commerce
- Equine and Animal Lawyers Association
When not at work
Hannah enjoys horseracing (and has been a keen member of York Racecourse since the age of 16), supporting the local rugby team, attending point-to-point meets, walking, horse-riding and is a member of the Game & Wildlife Conservation Trust.