Lara Jones is a member of the Ecclesiastical and Charities department and primarily is a member of the Charities team whose work includes: advising charities and third sector organisations in respect of compliance with charity regulatory requirements; establishing subsidiary companies and joint venture vehicles; governance reviews and restructuring; trustee training; tax and trading rules; Charity Commission enquiries; advising on legalities of fundraising; establishing new charities; incorporating charities and collaborative working and mergers.
Prior to working in Lupton Fawcett’s Ecclesiastical and Charities department, Lara worked as a corporate lawyer in London, Dubai, Beirut and most recently in Jersey and has experience of working on mergers and acquisitions, refinancings, winding ups, establishing and advising Jersey fund structures, dealing with regulatory authorities and a range of other general corporate matters.
- Not-for-profit organisations
- 1997-2005 Attended St Peter's School, York
- 2008 Graduated from King's College London
- 2011 Qualified as a solicitor in Vinson & Elkins RLLP's London office
- Early 2013 Worked on a consultancy basis for Tribonian Law Advisors' Beirut
- 2013-2014 Worked as an associate for Hatstone Lawyers' Jersey office
- 2014-2016 Worked as an associate for Bedell Cristin's Jersey office
- July 2016 Senior Associate, Lupton Fawcett
- Law Society
When not at work
Lara loves walking in the countryside and having done a lot of walking in Jersey is looking forward to finding some new walks in the UK. Lara also likes to stay active by running, horse riding and going to yoga and pilates classes. Lara is fond of animals and, as soon as she and her husband find a more pet-friendly home, Lara will be on a mission to find a cat (or two) to take home with her. Lara also enjoys listening to live music and eating out.