Lionel Lennox is a Consultant Member of Lupton Fawcett.
Lionel is a leading national specialist in ecclesiastical law as the Deputy Registrar for both the Diocese and Province of York and Registrar of Sodor and Man.
He is a member of the Ecclesiastical Law Society and an appointed member of the Legal Advisory Commission of the General Synod. Lionel has acquired detailed knowledge of church discipline through practical caseload and regularly advising clergy. His expertise also covers listed and ancient buildings. Lionel is also involved in acting for charities.
He is a regular speaker and leads working sessions for registrars in the North of England.
Lionel is a former President of the Yorkshire Law Society. He is also an experienced Notary Public.
- Notary Public
- Listed/Ancient Buildings
- Charities and Social Enterprises
- 1981 First Assistant Legal Advisor to the General Synod of the Church of England
- 1987 Returned to York and became a Partner at Denison Till
- 1987 Appointed Registrar of the Province & Diocese of York, and Legal Secretary to the Archbishop of York
- 1992 Qualified as Notary Public
- 2006 Appointed Registrar of Tribunals for the Province of York
- 2013 Became a Director at Lupton Fawcett
- 2015 Appointed as Canon Provincial of York
What Others Say
Lionel and his team in the Ecclesiastical Department at Lupton Fawcett offer an outstanding service… Especially helpful is Lionel's thorough and specialist knowledge of new and pending ecclesiastical legislation. I have relied on the department's friendly and reliable assistance countless times. - An Archdeacon
I have always been impressed by the swift, efficient and effective service that I received from you and your staff. As well as the through-going professionalism which I would expect from a reputable practice, such as yours. I have also been so grateful that you and your staff also show such an empathy with, and understanding of, the mission and work of the Church of England, and its idiosyncrasies! - A Parish Vicar
When not at work
Lionel enjoys getting out into fresh-air / up the hills and onto the moors. He also has a long running mission to restore his classic Sunbeam Talbot and enjoys a good pint of real ale.