Matt is a Senior Solicitor in our Sheffield office and specialises in the areas of Wills, Estates, Lasting Powers of Attorney and Trusts. He previously had a wide-ranging career in IT both in England and the Netherlands working as a software engineer and consultant for many household name companies. While living abroad Matt passed all four of the Dutch government’s language exams in Dutch for foreign nationals in reading, writing, speaking and listening.
Matt was admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in 2013 and since then has specialised in private client law, especially in the administration of deceased’s estates. He has a detailed, logical approach but is conscious of treating each client individually and not “mechanically”, especially during difficult times. He has acted for both lay executors and professional organisations, such as well-known national charities, where they have been appointed to administer an estate.
He is currently studying to obtain the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Diploma in Trusts and Estates.
- Drafting Wills
- Administration of a deceased's estate
- Inheritance Tax advice
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- 1996Computer Science BSc (1st Class Hons), University of Bristol
- 2009Graduate Diploma in Law, Leeds Metropolitan University
- 2010Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice, College of Law, York
- 2011Trainee Solicitor, Punch Robson, Middlesbrough
- 2013Qualified as a Solicitor with Punch Robson
- 2015Joined Irwin Mitchell, Sheffield, as a Solicitor in Wills, Trusts & Probate
- 2016Joined Lupton Fawcett as a Senior Solicitor
What Others Say
You have done a fantastic job at dealing with this estate and I have been so grateful for your continued assistance. - Anon
Many thanks for all of your diligence and hard work...I have particularly appreciated your attention to detail and client care. - Anon
Many thanks for your thorough, professional, yet personal approach. - Anon
- The Law Society
- The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), Affiliate Member
When not at work
After many years in IT in the Netherlands, Matt returned to the UK in 2007 and decided to change to law as a more client-facing career. However, he still enjoys taking computers apart and trying to put them back together.
The years abroad gave Matt a love of language and writing, and his dream would be to one day write a novel but so far this remains a pipedream.