Matthew qualified as a Solicitor in 2005 and is now a Senior Associate in the Dispute Management department.
Matthew has established a reputation for his work in the field of disputed probate, trust and inheritance challenges against executors and trustees. Matthew has gained a following from a number of well-known charities and financial advisors in this area of law. He is also cited in a number of reported cases before the High Court and acted for the successful Respondents in the Court of Appeal decision of Singh v Singh .
In recognition of his specialist work in disputed wills and probate work Matthew has been a member of ACTAPS (Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists) since 2014.
Matthew also acts for local owner managed businesses, directors, shareholders and larger national companies and advises on disputes involving businesses and has particular experience with partnership disputes and shareholder disputes.
- Disputed Trusts and Probate
- Partnership Disputes
- Inheritance Act Claims
- Shareholder Disputes
- Professional Negligence
- General Commercial Disputes
- 2002 Graduated from the University of Hull (LLB, Hons)
- 2003 Legal Practice Course - College of Law, York
- 2005 Qualified as a Solicitor
- 2008 Joined Lupton Fawcett
- 2011 Promoted to Associate
- 2014 Awarded Membership of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists
- 2015 Promoted to Senior Associate
- Law Society
- Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS)
When not at work
Matthew's interests outside work include mountain biking and squash.