Neil's career covers full range of corporate, banking and investment transactions including cross border work liaising with foreign lawyers.
Neil is part of a 6 strong dedicated corporate team based in Sheffield that works with clients and contacts throughout the UK. The team acts for OMBs, SMEs, companies, stakeholders, banks, ABLs, investors, MBO teams, MBI candidates. businesses, and public/private sector organisations across all sectors.
Neil's pragmatic, user-friendly and highly personable, providing a round the clock, proactive, client focussed service with a tailored approach and plenty of Yorkshire values – no nonsense style and value for money. With demonstrated commitment to outstanding service delivery, his aim is always to try and keep matters as uncomplicated as possible with minimum business disruption whilst getting the job done on time and within budget and without stress or hassle.
- Corporate transactions: Acquisitions and disposals (shares and assets) including MBO/MBI, auction sale process by data rooms, sponsor backed, franchise transfers, and purchases out of insolvency. Shareholder/ partnership disputes, buyouts and retirements. Corporate demergers and reorganisations including s110 reconstruction schemes. Succession planning and exit strategy.
- Banking and finance: Private equity, venture capital and angel funding. Acquisition, leverage and project finance. Business and asset refinancing. Loan facilities bilateral and syndicated. Asset finance including contract hire, conditional sale and HP facilities. Receivables and trade finance including factoring, invoice discounting and stock financing. Security documentation (primary and collateral) including guarantees, indemnities and performance bonds. Inter-creditor, subordination and priority arrangements.
- Corporate advisory: Start ups and business structures. Joint ventures, strategic alliances and collaborations. Business incorporation from some trader / partnership. Share buy backs. Share capital reductions. Share options and employee incentive schemes including EMI, EBTs, flowering and growth shares. Shareholder / partnership agreements and cross options. Company / partnership formation and winding up dissolution. Legal opinions. Director duties. Company law and procedure. Bespoke articles / share rights and multiple classes of share.
- 1989 Management Trainee ('A' Level School Leaver Program) - Northern Rock Plc (Now Virgin Money)
- 1994 Honours Law Degree, London University - 3 years distance learning sponsored by Northern Rock Plc
- 1995 Legal Practice Course, Northumbria University – 9 months sabbatical sponsored by Northern Rock Plc
- 1996 In-House Solicitor - Northern Rock plc, Newcastle
- 1997 Associate - Ward Hadaway Law Firm, Newcastle
- 2004 Partner - Watson Burton LLP, Newcastle
- 2011 Partner - hlw Keeble Hawson LLP, Leeds
- 2015 Partner - Taylor & Emmet LLP, Sheffield
- 2016 Consultant - Lupton Fawcett LLP, Sheffield
- 2017 Director - Lupton Fawcett LLP, Sheffiled
- Law Society
When not at work
Outside of work, Neil spends his time trying to keep his two young boys (and wife) entertained with weekend activities. He also enjoys sea fishing, motor biking, following his home town football club NUFC, and regular retreats to his favourite holiday destination the Canary Islands.