Paul graduated in Medieval Scottish History from St Andrews before completing an LLB at Edinburgh, qualifying as a Scottish Solicitor in 1984. Paul moved to Yorkshire in 1988 and re-qualified in English Law in 1990. He became a mediator through CEDR in 1994 and has carried out in excess of 500 mediations both as a mediator and solicitor.
Paul was made a Partner at Lupton Fawcett in 1997, a Member and Director of Lupton Fawcett LLP in 2006. He was head of the firm's Dispute Management Department until 2012 and in that role handled complex commercial and professional negligence litigation matters. Since 2012 he has been a self-employed Mediator and consultant to Lupton Fawcett, as the firm's Director in charge of Regulatory, Compliance and Claims.
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- 1979 Graduated from St Andrews University
- 1983 Graduated in Law from Edinburgh University
- 1984 Qualified as a Solicitor
- 1994 Became a Mediator through CEDR
- 1997 Became a Partner (subsequently Member and Director) at Lupton Fawcett
- 2012 Became a self-employed Mediator and Consultant
- Law Society
When not at work
Paul is married with two adult children. His interests include classic cars, sailing and fishing.