Whatever stage your business is at, whatever issues your firm may face, we have the skills and first hand experience to assist. Our Professional Services Sector experts cover a wide range of businesses, including accountancy, business advisory, legal, financial services and insurance.
Our specialist knowledge of the legal issues in the Professional Services sector gives us a competitive advantage over firms with a more 'generalist' approach and allows us to provide a unique perspective on common problems. See our case studies below.
Our Sector Team of expert lawyers works with a sizeable portfolio of clients throughout the UK and has a close affinity with the Professional Services Sector. We have the knowledge and experience to help Professional Services firms compete and win in today’s economic environment, where budgetary constraints, increasing regulation and changing Government policy mean it is now more important than ever to focus on what really matters.
We are proud to be trusted to provide long-term successful solutions by some of the best known advisers including other law firms, accountants and professional practices.
Our expertise in the professional services sector includes advising:
- Estate Agents
- Financial Advisers
- Finance Providers/Lenders
- Insolvency/Restructuring Practitioners
- Patent & Trade Mark Attorneys
- Veterinary practices
- Other professionals
Our pragmatic, clear and sustainable legal advice is underpinned by an understanding of client expectation, communication needs, and a focus on profitability, strategic-thinking and practice development. We provide practical advice and strategic support throughout the life cycle of your business:
What we cover:
- Contracts / Procurement
- Corporate Finance
- Defending Regulatory investigations/prosecutions
- Dispute Management
- Partnership Disputes
- Drafting anti-fraud; anti bribery, Social Media and IT policies
- Employment Tribunal claims
- HR Support
- Finance and restructuring
- Insolvency advice, pre-packs / proceedings
- Insurance Disputes / Claims against Insurers
- Intellectual Property / Licensing arrangements
- Commercial Law and the Internet
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Professional Indemnity
- Professional Negligence
- Preparation of Voluntary Arrangements
- Commercial Property: purchases, relocation and disposal
- Restrictive Covenants and Confidential Information
- Limited Liability Partnerships
- Reorganising business structures
- Terms & Conditions
- Voluntary Arrangements / exits
- Fraud - civil recovery
Our Professional Services Group comprises specialists in Corporate, Partnership, Employment / HR, Tax, Intellectual Property, Real Estate, Dispute Management, Insolvency, Banking, Commercial, Financial and Regulatory matters, providing a full service offering. We advise Professional Services providers on all aspects of their businesses.
Our advice is targeted at your requirements in a flexible, cost effective manner, giving you a choice of pricing options, fixed fee and other funding arrangements.
We pride ourselves on our commitment to providing an excellent level of service. We understand that all our clients face different challenges which vary depending on their size, business model and many other factors. We treat our clients as individuals and tailor our advice to their specific needs
Get in touch
With offices in Leeds, Sheffield and York, our dedicated lawyers are increasingly receiving recognition (at both a regional and national level) for their expertise and knowledge of the widest range of legal issues that arise in Professional Services Practice. This is across the board, whether transactional, advisory or contentious and backed up by the positive feedback that our team regularly receives from clients.
For comprehensive, expert advice on all aspects of your Professional Services business, get in touch today. If you would like to speak to one of our Professional Services Group solicitors, Contact Paul Sykes
Alternatively, fill in our enquiry form below and we will get in touch with you.
What others say:
“…This is a great result, amounting to complete vindication. We resisted a great deal of pressure throughout, and with the help and expertise of Paul Sykes and the legal team, we scored a series of wins at court in preparing for the case. We were confident that when put under a microscope, [our] handling of the underlying planning disputes and other complex legal proceedings was beyond criticism...” - Nick Glassbrook, MD Glassbrooks Solicitors
‘…Paul Sykes "puts in a tremendous amount of work" successfully defended Glassbrooks in a £7.5m professional negligence claim…’ - Legal 500 UK 2015
“…Giles and his team were invaluable to us, showing outstanding attention to detail coupled with a commercial and pragmatic approach where necessary...” - Peter Watson, Managing Partner - Simpson Millar
‘Giles Clegg…Tenacious, pragmatic and approachable…”
"A direct no-nonsense, organised, thoroughly reliable and speedy lawyer." - Chambers & Partners UK
- Information Commissioner on primacy of data protection for all professionals - backed by swingeing penalties
- "Loss of a Chance" claims; what happens when the "Chance" is a distant one?
- Duty on professionals to disclose to one client, confidential information relating to another
- An important Court of Appeal ruling on estate agency contracts, of wider relevance to commission based agreements
- Private Client: Reflections on Trusts, Tax & Brexit
- Family Farm: succession and inheritance tax planning
- Liens and how you can use them
- Property Development: Bats, Newts, Brexit and Trump
- Lupton Fawcett wins 2017 Legal 500 Yorkshire HR / Employment Department Team of the year & wins UK Regional HR / Employment Department Team of the year
- Do we have a deal? Making sure that you are putting an end to a dispute
- Main residence nil rate band
- The Pubs Code etc, Regulations 2016
- HMRC reveals UK's 10 worst excuses for late tax returns, from "it was on my yacht which caught fire" to "wasp in my ear caused a car crash"
- Professional Negligence: Traditional "Bolam Test" for duty of care dropped in High court financial advice claim in favour of new standard
- Could Trump Trigger a Housebuilding Boom in the North?
- Brexit and Your Business - Contracts and Commercial Litigation
- Law Society Civil Litigation Features and Comment Interview
- ECJ ruling of 15 September 2016
- 5 song titles from The Jam's back catalogue that provide vital BD lesson for lawyers and accountants
- £1m Conveyancing Fraud
- Are you taking data protection seriously?
- Negligent financial advice claim: "Bolam test" abandoned
- Lawyers' Outlook: 2016 Survey
- Joint Ventures
- Employee Share Ownership Scheme
- Incorporation of a Traditional Partnership
- Partnership Disputes
- Partnerships and Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs)
- Sales Director has left and is poaching clients
- Dispute over a member leaving a professional practice
- Important amendments to the law governing the recruitment sector
- Sale of Professional Services Business; Breach of Confidence Claim
- Free Advice: Heavy Cost – Cautionary tale for professionals
- Limited Retainers and unbundling
- Business Secrets & Confidentiality
- Directors: Proper Purposes Test
- Terms & Conditions
- Law Firms not Immune from Fraud
- The Small Business, Enterprise, and Employment Act 2015
- Minority Shareholder Wins
- GCQ Inspections – Preparing for a Positive Outcome
- Unfair Prejudice & Drag Along
- Advanced Clauses in Employment Contracts
- Tips for Boardroom / Shareholder Dispute
- Court of Appeal: Valuer's Negligence
Get in Touch
With Lupton Fawcett on your side, you're taking control. Contact us today.
Related Case Studies
- Read More