If you work in the professional services sector and are looking for expert legal advice on any issues your firm may face, we have the skills and first-hand experience to help you.
Our team of expert lawyers works with a sizeable portfolio of clients throughout Yorkshire and the UK. Our specialist knowledge of the legal issues in the sector gives us a competitive advantage over firms with a more 'generalist' approach. This allows us to provide a unique perspective on common problems.
We have the knowledge and experience to help professional services firms compete and win in today’s economic environment, where budgetary constraints, increasing regulation and changing government policy mean it is now more important than ever to focus on what really matters.
Who we can help
We work with firms and professionals from across the whole of the sector, including:
- Estate agents
- Financial advisers
- Finance providers/lenders
- Insolvency/restructuring practitioners
- Patent & Trade Mark attorneys
- Veterinary practices
- Other professionals
We advise professional services providers on all aspects of their businesses and as such we offer an extensive list of services within this sector.
Our advice is targeted at your requirements in a flexible, cost-effective manner, giving you a choice of pricing options, fixed fee and other funding arrangements. We understand that all our clients face different challenges which vary depending on their size, business model and many other factors. We treat our clients as individuals and tailor our advice to their specific needs.
We offer the following legal services:
- Corporate finance
- Defending regulatory investigations/prosecutions
- Dispute management
- Partnership disputes
- Drafting anti-fraud; anti-bribery, social media and IT policies
- Employment Tribunal claims
- HR support
- Finance and restructuring
- Insolvency advice, pre-packs/proceedings
- Insurance disputes/claims against insurers
- Intellectual property/licensing arrangements
- Commercial Law and the internet
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Professional indemnity
- Professional negligence
- Preparation of voluntary arrangements
- Commercial Property: purchases, relocation and disposal
- Restrictive covenants and confidential information
- Limited Liability Partnerships
- Reorganising business structures
- Terms & conditions
- Voluntary arrangements/exits
- Fraud - civil recovery
Find out more about our team and the services we offer in our graphic.
Our pragmatic, clear and sustainable legal advice is underpinned by an understanding of client expectation, communication needs, and a focus on profitability, strategic-thinking and practice development.
Read what our clients say about working with our professional services team below:
“This is a great result, amounting to complete vindication. We resisted a great deal of pressure throughout, and with the help and expertise of Paul Sykes and the legal team, we scored a series of wins at court in preparing for the case. We were confident that when put under a microscope, [our] handling of the underlying planning disputes and other complex legal proceedings was beyond criticism.” - Nick Glassbrook, MD Glassbrooks Solicitors
“Paul Sykes ‘puts in a tremendous amount of work’ successfully defended Glassbrooks in a £7.5m professional negligence claim.” - Legal 500 UK 2015
“Giles and his team were invaluable to us, showing outstanding attention to detail coupled with a commercial and pragmatic approach where necessary” - Peter Watson, Managing Partner - Simpson Millar
"A direct, no-nonsense, organised, thoroughly reliable and speedy lawyer." - Chambers & Partners UK
“Howard Rutter ‘quickly gains the confidence of clients and opponents’” - The Legal 500 UK
Get in touch
With offices in Leeds, Sheffield and York, our dedicated lawyers continue to receive recognition at regional and national levels for their expertise and knowledge of the widest range of legal issues that arise in the professional services sector.
For comprehensive, expert advice on all aspects of your business, get in touch today. If you would like to speak to one of our Professional Services Group solicitors, contact Paul Sykes.
Alternatively, fill in our enquiry form below and we will get in touch with you.
- Information Commissioner on primacy of data protection for all professionals - backed by swingeing penalties
- The Family Farm - succession and inheritance tax planning
- Duty on professionals to disclose to one client, confidential information relating to another
- “Loss of a Chance” claims; what happens when the “Chance” is a distant one?
- Liens, and how you can use them
Get in Touch
With Lupton Fawcett on your side, you're taking control. Contact us today.
Related Case Studies
- Read More