Tax can be complicated and sometimes decisions made in a transaction can have unintended consequences. Having the right support from the very start is extremely important.
Lupton Fawcett’s corporate tax team has years of experience in helping businesses with their tax needs. Our specialist solicitors are incredibly knowledgeable in this area of law and can assist with all types of issues.
If you would like to speak to a solicitor about a corporate tax issue or would just like some general advice, get in touch by calling 0333 323 5292 or by filling in our online form and we will get back to you shortly.
We advise on the tax implications of various corporate tax issues, including:
- Share-for-share exchanges
- Clearance applications
- Equity offerings
- Venture Capital Trust (VCT) investments
- Enterprise Investment Schemes (EIS)
- The application of the employment-related securities legislation
- Seed Enterprise Investment Schemes (SEIS)
- Social Investment Tax Relief (SITR) investments
Our specialist solicitors have extensive experience of drafting and negotiating tax warranties and covenants on business and company acquisitions and disposals, including advising existing shareholders on the tax implications of disposal and structuring consideration in a tax-efficient manner.
We can provide stand-alone advice or second opinions and are happy to work alongside your in-house team and other professional advisors.
How We Have Helped Others
Our recent experience with the corporate team includes:
- Advising on a tax efficient capital reduction demerger
- Obtaining a £1 million VAT assessment overturned
- Advising on the various share buy-backs to secure capital treatment.
- Advising on the tax implications of the restructure of a Leeds-based business by way of a share-for-share exchange, which included obtaining the necessary clearances to benefit from corporation tax, Capital Gains Tax (CGT) and Stamp Duty reliefs.
- Advising directors and other stakeholders on the tax implications of a transaction.
- Advising on tax implications on the incorporation of clubs (and appropriate tax clearances).
- Structuring an EIS fund investment.
If you require assistance with corporate tax, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our team who are more than happy to help.
Contact Us for Help
To speak to a specialist solicitor about corporate tax, get in touch with our Leeds, Sheffield or York offices by using the details below.
Get in Touch
With Lupton Fawcett on your side, you're taking control. Contact us today.
I have known Dan for a number of years and he has been a valuable source of commercial advice across a wide range of issues.
Dirk Mischendahl, Ross and Cashmore Limited; Leeds Ice Cream Company Limited
Having Giles Clegg acting for us at director level, with this wealth of experience, meant that we were constantly several steps ahead of the other advisers.Henry Robinson
Jonathan Oxley is an invaluable sounding board with a can-do attitude.Chambers and Partners
Andrew and his colleagues at Lupton Fawcett were accessible and they provided us with excellent advice throughout the cross-border transaction. We would recommend the services of Andrew and his team to others.
Andrea Pappagallo, Vice President, Federal-Mogul Inc
Andrew's involvement in the negotiations helped us secure a very beneficial outcome for both Empowering Wind MFC Limited and Middlesbrough FC.Paul Millinder, Managing Director, Empowering Wind MFC Limited
Max is an excellent lawyer who knows my businesses inside out and always deal with my requirements promptly, efficiently and I can always rely on him to just 'sort it out' for me.John Hill, Hill Care Group
Martin provided not only spot on and instant legal advice, but he also came with a masterful and passionate negotiation technique - I'm glad he was on our side!
Richard Hunt, CEO, Agility Multichannel Limited
Giles and his team were invaluable to us, showing outstanding attention to detail coupled with a commercial and pragmatic approach where necessary.Peter Watson, Managing Partner, Simpson Millar