Tax can be complicated and sometimes decisions made in a transaction can have unintended tax consequences if not properly advised from the start.
We can also provide stand-alone advice or second opinions and are happy to work alongside your in-house team and other professional advisers.
Whether your transaction involves an acquisition, merger, reorganisation, equity offering, demerger or planning for a tax efficient exit, having the right support from the very start is extremely important.
We have extensive experience of drafting and negotiating tax warranties and covenants on business and company acquisitions and disposals, including advising existing shareholders on the tax implications of disposal and structuring consideration in a tax efficient manner.
We also advise on the tax implications of (and apply for clearances, where appropriate) various corporate tax issues including:
- share for share exchanges
- equity offerings
- the application of the employment related securities legislation
- EIS, SEIS, VCT and SITR investments
Our recent experience with the Corporate team include:
- advising on the various share buy-backs to secure capital treatment
- advising on the tax implications of the restructure of a Leeds based business by way of a share for share exchange and obtaining the necessary clearances to benefit from corporation tax, CGT and stamp duty reliefs
- advising directors and other stakeholders on the tax implications of a transaction
- advising on tax implications on the incorporation of clubs (and appropriate tax clearances)
- reviewing information memorandum for EIS and SEIS investments and preparing investor and investee checklists
For further information, please contact Melanie List, head of Tax at Lupton Fawcett.
Get in Touch
With Lupton Fawcett on your side, you're taking control. Contact us today.
I have known Dan for a number of years and he has been a valuable source of commercial advice across a wide range of issues.
Dirk Mischendahl, Ross and Cashmore Limited; Leeds Ice Cream Company Limited
Having Giles Clegg acting for us at director level, with this wealth of experience, meant that we were constantly several steps ahead of the other advisers.Henry Robinson
Jonathan Oxley is an invaluable sounding board with a can-do attitude.Chambers and Partners
Andrew and his colleagues at Lupton Fawcett were accessible and they provided us with excellent advice throughout the cross-border transaction. We would recommend the services of Andrew and his team to others.
Andrea Pappagallo, Vice President, Federal-Mogul Inc
Andrew's involvement in the negotiations helped us secure a very beneficial outcome for both Empowering Wind MFC Limited and Middlesbrough FC.Paul Millinder, Managing Director, Empowering Wind MFC Limited
Max is an excellent lawyer who knows my businesses inside out and always deal with my requirements promptly, efficiently and I can always rely on him to just 'sort it out' for me.John Hill, Hill Care Group
Martin provided not only spot on and instant legal advice, but he also came with a masterful and passionate negotiation technique - I'm glad he was on our side!
Richard Hunt, CEO, Agility Multichannel Limited
Giles and his team were invaluable to us, showing outstanding attention to detail coupled with a commercial and pragmatic approach where necessary.Peter Watson, Managing Partner, Simpson Millar