We regularly act in disputes in the healthcare sector. Our clients include care home operators, healthcare brokers, care home associations, doctors' surgeries and care home residents.
Our understanding of the issues that are specific to this sector is derived from our experience of acting for a wide range of clients over many years.
Recent examples of our work in this field are:
- Acting for various care home associations in challenges to care home fees paid by local authorities to care home operators.
- Acting for care home providers in defending a judicial review action brought by a resident's relative seeking to challenge the top up fees charged by the care provider.
- Acting for a care home provider who purchased a care home where the vendors had manipulated the previous occupancy levels.
- Acting for a doctor's surgery to claim back significant sums of money which had been stolen by its practice manager.
- Acting for specialist healthcare brokers helping them claim commission claw back on life insurance policies.
- Acting for care home operators who have purchased care homes only to find that there are numerous issues with the properties from which the care homes are operated. Examples include doors not complying with the relevant fire regulations and faulty lifts.
- Acting for a pharmacist who sold his pharmacy and then had a number of warranty claims brought against him.
In tandem with our specialist knowledge of dealing with care home disputes in the healthcare sector, we have also developed a number of key relationships with specialist healthcare professionals, such as healthcare accountants, that we are able to call upon in order to assist our clients achieve their goals.
We provide advice on a wide range of legal issues to clients around Yorkshire and beyond from our offices in Leeds, York and Sheffield. For an initial discussion about your case, contact one of our specialist solicitors today.
Get in Touch
With Lupton Fawcett on your side, you're taking control. Contact us today.
At last it is all at an end, and we are happy with the outcome. We would like to thank you and the team for giving control back to our lives, god knows where we would be, also for your professionalism and counselling to guide us through this horrendous ordeal we do thank you, it was worth every penny.David Haywood, Former Minority Shareholder in Haywood and Padgett Limited