Renewable energy risks need to be carefully assessed and documented to avoid differences or disputes which may then lead to a claim.
In the event of a claim, we can provide advice on:
- Liability for defective workmanship, materials, design and professional negligence issues, amongst other things
- Retention of title
- Liquidated & ascertained damages and extension of time
- Delay disruption and prolongation
- Failure of the system in use e.g. noise, down time, failure to achieve performance specified output, etc
- Loss and expenses
- Failure to test, commission and maintain to appropriate standards
- Non–payment claims
- Adjudication, arbitration, mediation, and litigation procedures
- Disputes under related documents e.g. Bonds, Guarantees, Joint Venture and Profit Sharing Agreements dealing with the consumption of electricity, export of electricity to the Grid and sharing of FITS entitlements
We provide advice on a wide range of legal issues to clients around Yorkshire and beyond from our offices in Leeds, York and Sheffield. For an initial discussion about your case, contact one of our specialist solicitors today.
Get in Touch
With Lupton Fawcett on your side, you're taking control. Contact us today.