Lupton Fawcett legal and management training
Welcome to our training homepage. We have developed a range of innovative and practical training sessions and workshops aimed at helping businesses and organisations keep up to date with their legal, management and regulatory obligations.
Our Approach to training
Lots of law firms undertake regular training but we believe that our approach is different. Training is a core element of the work that we do for our clients, it's not simply a 'bolt-on'.
Our training team is led by Brian Harrington. Brian is an Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) accredited trainer and Associate Tutor at the University of York.
We design and plan our training with you in mind. Our main objective, when it comes to the design and structure of our courses, is on ensuring that participants retain the knowledge and information that we provide to them. We do that in the following ways:
- We make sure that the content of our training matches the needs of the organisation we're working with;
- We make sure that our training and update sessions include practical examples which reflect the actual work undertaken by attendees. Typically we do this through case studies and group sessions.
- We introduce activities into our training which encourage ‘doing’, rather than just ‘listening’ or ‘speaking’. This encourages retention of the material.
The time and investment that we have put into training our trainers means that our sessions are fun and informative. In short, we try not to sound too much like lawyers!
Learning outcomes and course materials
Effective training is not about standing up in front of a PowerPoint presentation and disseminating information. It's about:
- it's about taking the time to adapt content in order to ensure that it's relevant to the real life scenarios, and
- it's about delivering content in an interesting and engaging way.
Our courses and workshops are planned with these 3 key concepts in mind. Attendees at our events all receive a practical and useful set of guidance notes.
The courses we offer are:
- Data Protection
- Business dispute resolution for non-lawyers
- Employee Representatives & Effective Consultation
- Employment Law for Managers Day 1 - full day course
- Employment Law for Managers Day 1 - half day course
- Modern Slavery & Bribery Act Training
- Contracts for Sale of Goods and Supply of Services - the essentials
- Health & Safety for Directors and Senior Managers
- Landlord and tenant training for residential property owners and managers
- The basics of UK and EU Competition Law
- Inventions and Innovations
- Software and Digital Technology - the Intellectual Property issues
- Brands, Creative Work and Unfair Competition
- The basics of Intellectual Property
- The role of Company Directors: Duties, Responsibilities and Liabilities
- Is your advertising legal?
In addition to our wide range of training courses, we are also able to offer a bespoke training option.
If you have identified a particular training need within your business or organisation, then we can work closely with you in order to put together a fixed cost course or workshop that will focus on the key areas that you have identified.
For more information about our bespoke training options please contact Brian Harrington.
We believe that our courses and workshops represent fantastic value for money. In addition 3 for 2 offers are available for most of our courses
Unique to Lupton Fawcett and the fact that we are so confident that you will benefit greatly from our courses, we will offer a money back guarantee. If any delegate feels that our course does not represent value for money then we’ll refund 100% of their course fee – no argument, no quibble!
Get in Touch
With Lupton Fawcett on your side, you're taking control. Contact us today.
“ I just want to add that yesterday’s seminar was absolutely brilliant, the speakers, their subject knowledge and content was exceptional and it was delivered in such a way that an otherwise difficult and sometimes ‘dry’ subject came across in manageable and enjoyable format.” Kate Swinton, Sweet Squared
“This was one of only a handful of courses that I have ever been on where I have walked away having thought that it was time well spent, and that I had learnt something" Gemma Gill, Call Credit Information Group Leeds
“Well presented with especially useful discussions about real case studies. Excellent training day throughout“. Saoirse Cowley, Government Legal Department
“Pitched at the right level; not too detailed but sufficient to enable an overall understanding of key aspects of employment law”. Chris Brewster, Animal Care Plc
“Excellent presentation, clear learning outcomes and very good case studies”. Attendee Chaucer Foods Limited
“Excellent and entertaining delivery“. Bred Duncan, Duncan Chartered Accountants
“Very well presented. All information detailed and very well put across”. Mathew Chafer, Begbies Traynor
“Excellent presenters, dynamic case studies and examples”. Camilla Reece, Financial Force
“Really enjoyed the day ; learned something new ! Excellent facilitators“. Sarah Kelly, HR Manager CPP
“Very well presented and very informative”. Shanna Pindair, Yorkshire Energy Partnership
“Detailed , very informative, great use of case studies to illustrate examples”. Alexandra Myer, Morrisons Supermarket Plc