Introduction to JCT Design and Build Contract
Module Leader: Niamh Batterton
This informative and interactive half-day session (which combines theory-based learning with a series of interactive group sessions) has been created to provide professionals within the construction industry with a solid understanding of the key aspects of the JCT Design & Build Contract and other design and build procurement aspects. It will assist a business in demonstrating that they have the knowledge and understanding of:
- the main terms and conditions of design and build contracts;
- the design and build procurement route;
- when and who to novate;
- and the impact novation, warranties and step in provisions.
This module aims to provide participants with:
- A thorough introduction to the main terms and conditions of the JCT Design & Build Contract, what to look out for, and why it is useful to amend the Contract to get the most out of it for your requirements;
- A basic understanding of how the design and build procurement route works, its impact on the Employer, Consultants, Subcontractors, and other third parties, e.g. Funders, Tenants, Purchasers;
- An understanding of the importance of Warranties within the design and build procurement route.
By the end of this module, participants will:
- Understand why a design and build contract is used;
- Be aware of the main terms and conditions and pitfalls within the JCT Design & Build Contract;
- Understand why the standard terms of the design and build contract are often amended;
- Understand the purpose of third party warranties and step in rights.
Introduction to JCT Design & Build Contract: Course Agenda
|09:00 - 09:30||Coffee and Registration|
|09:30 - 09:35||Introduction to the day|
|09:35 - 09:55||The structure of the Procurement Route;|
|09:55 - 10:25||Warranties explained: How they work and why provide them;|
|10:25 - 10:40||
Group work and case study
|10:40 - 10:55||
|10:55 – 12:00||The main Terms and Conditions of the JCT Design & Build Contract;|
|12:20 – 12:20||Group work and case study|
|12:20 - 12:30||Recap of the day|
Our standard charge is £200 plus VAT per delegate for a full day course, if it is being held at our premises or a venue close to our offices. In addition, we do offer three for the price of two rates.
For a half day course, our fees are £125 plus VAT per delegate.
Should you require the course to be held in-house at your premises, then the fee would be £2,000 plus VAT for up to 12 attendees. Should your premises be in London, then the fee would be £2500 plus VAT plus travel and hotel costs.
For a half day course, our fee would be £1250 or £1500 for London plus travel costs.
If you are interested in reserving a place, please contact our Events Manager, Emma Holehan on 0113 280 2035 or email@example.com
Get in Touch
With Lupton Fawcett on your side, you're taking control. Contact us today.
“ I just want to add that yesterday’s seminar was absolutely brilliant, the speakers, their subject knowledge and content was exceptional and it was delivered in such a way that an otherwise difficult and sometimes ‘dry’ subject came across in manageable and enjoyable format.” Kate Swinton, Sweet Squared
“This was one of only a handful of courses that I have ever been on where I have walked away having thought that it was time well spent, and that I had learnt something" Gemma Gill, Call Credit Information Group Leeds
“Well presented with especially useful discussions about real case studies. Excellent training day throughout“. Saoirse Cowley, Government Legal Department
“Pitched at the right level; not too detailed but sufficient to enable an overall understanding of key aspects of employment law”. Chris Brewster, Animal Care Plc
“Excellent presentation, clear learning outcomes and very good case studies”. Attendee Chaucer Foods Limited
“Excellent and entertaining delivery“. Bred Duncan, Duncan Chartered Accountants
“Very well presented. All information detailed and very well put across”. Mathew Chafer, Begbies Traynor
“Excellent presenters, dynamic case studies and examples”. Camilla Reece, Financial Force
“Really enjoyed the day ; learned something new ! Excellent facilitators“. Sarah Kelly, HR Manager CPP
“Very well presented and very informative”. Shanna Pindair, Yorkshire Energy Partnership
“Detailed , very informative, great use of case studies to illustrate examples”. Alexandra Myer, Morrisons Supermarket Plc