Sarah is an Associate Solicitor specialising in tax. Sarah trained with Squire Patton Boggs (UK) LLP and qualified into the tax team at Eversheds Sutherland LLP in September 2014.
Sarah undertakes a broad area of work and is able to assist on a range of tax matters covering property tax, VAT (including VAT litigation matters), corporate and employment related taxes.
Sarah regularly provides advice on the following areas:
- corporate transactions (both share and asset deals), in particular advising on the drafting and negotiation of documents for strategic disposals and acquisitions, as well as providing advice on post-transaction stamp duty and stamp duty land tax and drafting relevant applications to HMRC.
- property transactions, carrying out complex SDLT analyses and advising on the VAT, capital allowances and CIS implications.
- employment matters, in particular advising on the tax treatment of termination packages and PAYE compliance.
Sarah has provided both internal and external training on SDLT and VAT. Sarah has also presented on Making Tax Digital for the Leeds Women in Tax Group.
Sarah has written articles for Tax Journal.
- Sarah has advised on the tax aspects of share acquisitions and disposals for a number of mid-market private equity firms, FTSE 100 companies and has particular experience advising clients in the clean energy sector.
- Sarah has specialist knowledge advising on SDLT for lease renewals and for the past 12 months has advised a leading bank on its SDLT position for an extensive portfolio of lease renewals.
- Sarah has also been involved in a significant VAT case against HMRC concerning a long running dispute regarding a company’s partial exemption special method.
When not at work
Sarah likes spending time with friends and family. She also attends a variety of gym classes and enjoys horse riding and skiing holidays.