IT service delivery assistant
Your roles will include providing first class IT support to the firm.
This will include providing IT support to internal users, ensuring support calls are logged and administered, prepare reports of ongoing problems and to work collaboratively with other IT members to improve overall IT systems.
To provide a first class IT support service to the firm and develop and maintain a strong, practical understanding of the legal IT industry.
Key responsibilities – User support
- To provide IT support to internal users, assisting them with hardware, software, desktop applications, network and communications problems.
- To ensure that all support calls and service requests are logged and administered in accordance with agreed procedures.
- To take ownership of ongoing issues and work with the IT team to find timely resolutions.
- To work collaboratively with other IT Team members to identify where improvements can be made to the IT systems.
- To prepare reports of ongoing problems with suggestions for resolution.
- To make site visits to remote branch offices as may be required.
- To assist with the administration of staff joining, leaving or moving within the Firm in relation to the creation of user accounts, password creation, email accounts, security access and telecom communications.
Key responsibilities – IT services, systems & infrastructure
- To assist with and contribute to the ongoing administration and development of the IT Infrastructure.
- To assist with the installation of new hardware and software as required for new users or network system upgrades.
- To assist with the maintenance of the Firm’s asset register, ensuring all assets are tagged and accurately recorded in the register.
- To carry out daily checks of the IT systems and log these in a central register.
- To assist with the administration, maintenance and provision of the Firm’s mobile phone and telephone system.
- To liaise and work with external suppliers and third parties as per any support and third party agreements to the benefit of the Firm.
Key responsibilities – Miscellaneous
- To contribute to team meetings and play an active role in the development of the service delivered by the team.
- To comply with and promote all of the firm’s policies and procedures and in particular those relating to the delivery of IT services and information security.
- To possess a willingness to proactively engage in personal development, additional subject training and skills updating as required.
- To participate in the IT on-call rota.
- Carry out any reasonable tasks as and when it may be required by the Firm.