Based in Sheffield. Travel to our other offices may occasionally be required.
Lupton Fawcett is a well-established, professional and forward thinking Law Firm with offices in Leeds, Sheffield and York.
As part of our planned strategy for growth, this is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to join our hugely successful team based in Sheffield, who require an experienced Legal Aid & Family lawyer to join our Family department in our drive to take the business to the next level.
The successful candidate must have excellent technical ability and experience of handling a broad range of family and legal aid law, realistically having a minimum of 3 years PQE as you will be expected to manage your own caseload, support staff and participate in the Firm’s marketing activities.
You should have the following attributes:-
- A minimum of 3 yrs PQE gained in Family Law;
- Be a member of the Law Society’s Children panel;
- A strong client following or contacts whom you are able to bring with you;
- The ability to generate your own caseload through existing contacts and from client referrals;
- Good marketing focus and be commercially aware with a proven background of successful involvement in business development strategies to enable you to contribute to the growth of the Firm's portfolio;
- Credible and professional enough to contribute to the growth of an already successful department;
- Pro-active, driven, professional and flexible as well as being friendly, and a good team player;
- Have excellent technical and interpersonal ability across all levels;
- Additional managerial skills and be seeking to lead and mentor a successful department
- An understanding of and an ability to work under the legal aid contract
Possessing strong client development and networking skills, applicants should be confident, self-motivated individuals with excellent IT skills, who can convince us they will enjoy being part of an integrated team but also will also thrive in working in an autonomous working environment.
The successful candidate will be tasked with developing a full and varied caseload to cover the full remit of Family Law matters with a focus on acting for Guardians and Local Authorities [as agents] in public law proceedings, whilst being excited at having the opportunity to join a strong and close knit team where they can contribute to the growth of the department.
Interested? Then apply through our website portal or send your cv and covering letter to email@example.com explaining why you wish to work for us and why you feel you have the skills to fit the role.
Lupton Fawcett is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. If the role is of interest to you, please submit your CV and covering letter via the form below where your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Unfortunately we are unable to respond to all applications. If you do not hear from us please assume you have been unsuccessful in your application. We would like to retain your details, CV and all of the information contained within it for the purpose of potentially filing a future vacancy with Lupton Fawcett and for which we believe you are suitable.
To show your consent please tick the box below. You are able to withdraw this at any time by writing to us at Lupton Fawcett LLP, Yorkshire House, East Parade, Leeds, LS1 5BD, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling a member of the HR team on 0113 280 2000.