Financial Mis-selling Claims Lawyers

Our civil litigation solicitors have a proven track record of successfully acting in a range of financial mis-selling claims for compensation, and have a wealth of experience in dealing with mis-sold interest rate hedging products (swaps and collars) by various high street banks. We also advise on, and represent clients, in relation to mis-sold pensions, mortgages and other financial products.

To discuss your case with a member of our Financial Mis-selling team, contact our Leeds, York or Sheffield-based offices by calling 0333 323 5292 or filling out our online contact form and we will arrange to call you back at a time suited to you.

Interest Rate Hedging Products

One of the most common claims for financial mis-selling is the sale of interest rate hedging products (IRHP), including structured collars, swaps, simple collars and cap products.

In June 2012, the Financial Services Authority (FSA) published the findings of their review into the sale of IRHP to small and medium-sized businesses; they have now reached an agreement with the largest UK retail banks, all of whom will participate in the redress exercise and past business review. In January 2013, the FSA confirmed the start of the full review of interest rate swap mis-selling.

However, any court claims must be brought within six years of the ‘trade date’ and products sold in 2006 or early 2007 may shortly or already have become statute-barred; this means that under the Limitation Act, after six years, you cannot pursue a court claim.

Whilst the bank reviews will include the sale of products where other forms of legal redress have become statute-barred, the FSA agreement does not affect the application of the Limitation Act, so if you have a potential claim or you are unsure whether you are still able to bring court proceedings, you should obtain legal advice as soon as possible.

How We Can Help

Filing a claim with the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) can be a long and complicated process. Luckily, this is a process that our team are highly experienced in, so you can rest assured that you are in great hands.

Contact Us Today

We provide advice on a wide range of legal issues to clients around Yorkshire and beyond from our offices in Leeds, York and Sheffield. For an initial discussion about your case, contact one of our specialist solicitors today using the contact details on the form.

Lupton Fawcett has long been recognised nationally for the expertise of their Litigation Solicitors in respect of Civil Disputes.  For an initial no-obligation discussion with a member of our dispute resolution team, or for more information and advice on ADR, please call the office number or leave your details in the form at the top of this page and we’ll contact you.

Our Civil Litigation Solicitors act regularly for clients across the United Kingdom including Bradford, Birmingham, Hull, Liverpool, London, Manchester, and Nottingham.

As recognised experts in resolving disputes of all types, we can support your needs wherever you live in England or Wales.

We will always respond promptly, and we will be happy to help

Why Choose Lupton Fawcett?

Having advised and supported many local families, individuals and businesses, we are proud to offer clients a dedicated service from specialist solicitors who are experts in their field:

We're Award Winning

Multi-award winning - Yorkshire Team of the Year, Regional Employment Team of the Year, Employment Law Lawyer of the Year

We're Connected

We're connected to the people, businesses and infrastructure throughout Yorkshire

We Put You First

You can be sure to expect superb client service from us. Our clients are our priority

We're Your Law Firm

Your problems are real but how we approach them makes all the difference

Frequently Asked Questions

What financial products can be mis-sold?

As well as IRHPs, other common mis-sellings include:

  • Pensions
  • Mortgages
  • Annuities

I have been mis-sold a financial product, what should I do?

Before elevating a claim to the courts, you should contact the bank or company directly and ask for a refund. When liaising with a company, always ensure that any communication is in writing, in case any proof of this is needed at a later date.

If the company or bank refuses a refund or does not respond to your complaint, it should be escalated to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) or Pensions Ombudsmen (in the case of pensions and/or annuities. Our solicitors will be able to guide you through your claim, giving you the best chance of a successful outcome.

Get In Touch Today!

Get In Touch Today!

Please complete this form to make an enquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

Remember you can still call us on 0333 323 5292 or email us at

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.