Brexit and Immigration for Professionals - Leeds 24 January 2019
When & Where?
Brexit and Immigration for Professionals
It is not uncommon for companies to seek to recruit individuals who are non-EEA migrants or who are currently outside the EEA. If correct procedures are not followed, the damage could be severe, in not only financial terms but also in reputation. However, the procedures are not clear and can be quite complex, for example, ensuring you comply with reporting duties on time. The difficulty is what do you report and how you ensure you are compliant.
This course aims to provide HR employees and individuals, who use the sponsorship management system, with clarity and ensures that compliance is reached with a focus on immigration, how it impacts your business by providing practical guidance on recruitment, and how to use the sponsorship management system to ensure that the reporting obligations are met.
The module aims to provide participants with:
- A detailed understanding of the sponsor's duties of holding a sponsor license and how to comply with such duties
- An understanding of operating a sponsor licence together with the various roles
- The process from recruitment to assigning a certificate of sponsorship to a prospective employee
- A company's legal obligation to ensure that they are not employing illegal migrants
By the end of the module, participants will understand
- Various aspects of the Sponsor Licence
- The sponsors reporting duties and how to make such reports
- What is a Certification of Sponsorship and how to assign a certificate
- How to carry out a 'Right to Work' check and what is involved
- How to comply and what is involved with the Residents Labour Market Test
The course covers the following areas:
- Sponsor License and how to use the Sponsorship Management System
- Certificate of Sponsorship
- Sponsorship Reporting Duties
- 'Right to Work' checks
- Complying with the Residents Labour Market Test
- Immigration and Brexit
The full training day is charged at £200 + VAT and held in our premises. The rate includes all course materials, full day training including refreshments and lunch.
If you are interested in booking a place on this course, then please contact our Events Manager, or call 0113 280 2218.