After completing both an undergraduate law degree and a masters in law at the University of East Anglia, David spent 18 months working as a law costs draftsman before completing the Legal Practice Course and subsequently qualifying as a solicitor in September 2016.
Upon qualification David joined the Leeds office of DAC Beachcroft, and worked within the firm’s technology, media and telecommunications team on a range of tech-focused commercial matters. David’s work included negotiating a range of IT outsourcing contracts, advising on data protection matters, and drafting agreements for the licensing and acquisition of software. David also acted on a variety of matters for telecoms clients.
David joined the intellectual property team at Lupton Fawcett in January 2019 and currently deals with all forms of intellectual property matters, as well as drafting and negotiating various other commercial contracts and advising upon data protection issues.
- Trade marks and passing-off
- Designs and registered designs
- Commercial, technology and licensing agreements
- Confidential information
- Data protection compliance
- 2009 – Graduated from University of East Anglia (undergraduate study)
- 2010 – Graduated from University of East Anglia (postgraduate study)
- 2011 – Worked as a law costs draftsman
- 2013 – Joined Howes Percival LLP as a paralegal
- 2014 – Began training contract at Sills & Betteridge LLP
- 2016 – Qualified as a solicitor
- 2016 – Joined DAC Beachcroft LLP
- 2019 – Joined Lupton Fawcett LLP
- Law Society
When not at work
David enjoys playing football (badly), exploring new travel destinations, and as a keen film fan can also be frequently found sitting quietly in a darkened room.