Debbie joined Lupton Fawcett in August 2011.
Debbie has 21+ years HR experience working within the Public and Private sectors gained in legal, engineering, customer services, marine, retail, education and ICT. Experience has been gained from both within the UK and European Union but predominantly with SME organisations. She has worked closely with the Managing Director and senior management teams in all roles giving advice at both an operational and strategic level.
Since joining the firm, Debbie has forged good relationships with Directors and staff alike during which time she has enhanced the profile of the HR department. Debbie offers support, guidance and assistance in areas which include performance management of department/team personnel, where possible meeting the timescales for delivery.
From a business perspective, Debbie is cost conscious and continually looks to reduce costs in all areas where possible including recruitment, staff benefits, processes etc. but this is never at the risk of 'harming' the business. Indeed significant savings have been made on recruitment during and she has also introduced the Higher Legal Apprenticeship scheme through CILEX of which the Firm is one of the first 10 Law Firms in England to do so.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Change Management
- Talent Management and Succession Planning
- Trade Union Negotiations (local and national level)
- Introducing new business processes
- Recruitment and Selection
- Performance Management
- Staff Retention
- Employment Law
- Organisational Design
- Employee Resourcing
- Reward & Recognition - conducting benchmarking exercises to ensure the organisation remains competitive with its reward incentives
- Management Development
- 1991 BSc Science from the Open University
- 1992 Entered the HR Profession
- 1993 Masters in Strategic Human Resource Management (MA HRM) from the University of Hull
- 2009 Graduated (FCIPD) as a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development from Liverpool University
- 2010 Became a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management (FCIM) from Liverpool University
- 2010 DTTLS (PGCE equiv) - Teaching Qualification
- 2010 Became a Qualified NVQ Assessor (A1)
- 2010 Became a qualified NVQ Verifier (V1)
- 2011 Joined Lupton Fawcett
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (Fellow)
- Chartered Institute of Management (Fellow)
When not at work
Although liking some quieter things in life such as walking and gardening, Debbie has a passion for those exciting hobbies where 'many fear to tread', (this includes scuba diving in parts of the world where some may not even have discovered scuba) and in latter years skiing. If you get into conversation with her you may find that she has many a tale to tell about her motorbike and scuba diving adventures.