Kathryn joined Lupton Fawcett LLP in January 2018 as a Solicitor in the Employment Department. She advises employers on a wide range of employment related issues including conduct and capability procedures, redundancy, contracts of employment and service agreements, settlement agreements, sickness absence management and discrimination.
She also regularly assists in advising on the employment aspects of various corporate deals including management buy-outs, company acquisitions and disposals, and the TUPE aspects of asset sales and purchases.
Kathryn has acted for a wide range of clients in various sectors including textiles, manufacturing, education and the motor industry.
- Employment contracts
- Employment policies and procedures
- Settlement agreements
- Absence management
- Disciplinary and grievances
- Performance management
- 2012Graduated from the University of Huddersfield with a first in Law and a distinction in the Master of Law and Practice
- 2012Joined Armitage Sykes Solicitors as a paralegal
- 2014Became a trainee solicitor at Armitage Sykes (now Schofield Sweeney)
- 2015Qualified as a solicitor into the Employment Department
- 2018Joined Lupton Fawcett as a solicitor
- Law Society
- Employment Lawyers' Association
When not at work
Kathryn is a keen baker often tasked with producing elaborate birthday and celebration cakes for friends and family. She also enjoys going for long walks in the Dales, over-exerting herself at spinning classes and rewarding herself with a nice glass of prosecco…or two on a weekend.