Katie is a member of the Charities and Social Enterprises team. Her work includes advising charities and third sector organisations in respect of: compliance with charity regulatory requirements; establishing subsidiary companies and joint venture vehicles; amending governing documents; governance reviews and restructuring; trustee training; setting up trading subsidiaries; Charity Commission enquiries; establishing new charities; incorporating charities and collaboratve working and mergers.
- Not for Profit organisations
- 1992 LLB (Hons) Hull University
- 1993 Articles Mills and Reeve
- 1995 Joined Eversheds and qualified as a Solicitor
- 2001 Associate at Eversheds
- 2012 Associate Lecturer for the Open University
- 2018 Joined Lupton Fawcett LLP
- Member of the Charity Law Association
- Member of the Law Society
When not at work
Katie has taken a keen interest in the education sector having been an active member of the board of governors of a local school for 8 years.
Keeping fit and art are her other passions. She runs regularly and takes part in, among other things, The Great North Run, whilst in whatever time she can carve out for herself, she can be found in her art studio creating works of art, being a commissioned oil painter.