Michael has over ten years’ experience at international law firms acting for many different types of clients in a variety of sectors, including clearing banks, other lenders (such as real estate funds), borrowers of all types (from multi-national PLCs to SMEs and OMBs), private equity houses and other financial institutions. He specialises in general corporate finance, acquisition finance and real estate finance (both investment and development), and has further experience in both leveraged finance and project finance.
- General Corporate Finance
- Acquisition Finance
- Real Estate Finance (both investment and development)
- 2004Graduated from Durham University (Travelyan College) with 2:1 in Law (LLB)
- 2005Completed the Legal Practice Course at BBP Law School in Leeds, being awarded a Distinction
- 2007Qualified as a solicitor at Pinsent Masons
- 2012Joined Addleshaw Goddard as an Associate
- 2017Joined Lupton Fawcett LLP as a Director and Head of Banking
- 2018Became a Partner at Lupton Fawcett LLP
What Others Say
Michael has been recognised by Chambers & Partners for his work in the Yorkshire banking and finance community and has been described by them as a "rising star" and a "good operator who is definitely one to watch"
- Law Society
When not at work
Michael has a young family, so they take up most of his time outside of work! Other than that, his main hobbies are supporting Bradford City A.F.C and the Green Bay Packers, and following various other sports. Michael also likes to try to find time to get some exercise when he can!