A Chartered Marketer with over twenty years experience in business development and marketing in the professional services sector. Neil has a strong track record of achievement in the delivery of strategic and tactical activity gained from roles at a regional, national and international level in Big-Four and Mid-Tier Accountancy Firms (including PwC, Grant Thornton & Baker Tilly); law firms and consultancy environments.
Career highlights include developing the first ever Grant Thornton web site (in UK); running global thought leadership platforms at PwC; coaching partners and managing many a winning proposal team.
- Business Development & Marketing in Professional Service Firms
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Online/Social Media
- 1992 Graduated with a BA (Hons) from Stirling University in Business & Marketing
- 1995 Completed Chartered Institute of Marketing Diploma
- 1996 Joined the National Marketing Department of Grant Thornton in London
- 1998 Headed the BD & Marketing for Grant Thornton West Yorkshire then North & Midlands Region
- 2000 Awarded Chartered Marketer status
- 2002 Headed the BD & Marketing for Grant Thornton Sydney, Australia
- 2005 BD & Marketing PwC Forensic Services; UK
- 2011 Head of Marketing Lupton Fawcett
What Others Say
Neil has a wealth of experience in advising professional practices on effective marketing (strategy development and implementation). He builds strong relationships and has a focus on delivering positive results. - Mark Blakemore, Finance Director, Berrymans Lace Mawer
I worked with Neil on a number of regional and national marketing and BD projects. I thought he did an excellent job, was very creative, market focused and organised in project management. - John Tracey, Partner, Forensic Services, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Chartered Marketer (since 2000)
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing
When not at work
Neil enjoys foreign travel and has travelled extensively through Europe, North America, Africa, SE Asia, Australia & New Zealand prior to his three young children limiting his potential for foreign trips.
His other interests include camping, real ale, cooking and time with family and friends. When Neil is let off family duties he can also occasionally be found at Headingley or Eastlands.
Neil also acts as a mentor to students at Leeds University Business School.