Richard joined the firm in 1992 and was appointed to the firm's Management Board with responsibility for marketing. He headed the firm's Insolvency and Business Recovery Department until taking over as the firm's Managing Director in April 2009, stepping down in April 2018.
As a leader and manager, Richard is dedicated to supporting the firm's new management team as they start their journey of leading the firm to further success, before stepping back to a consultancy role in 2019.
As a lawyer, Richard is an Insolvency and Business Recovery specialist, having qualified with DLA in 1987.
Whilst currently having little time to practice law, Richard does advise on strategic issues (in Insolvency and more widely), and leads a number of client relationships (both large and small).
As a marketer, Richard is particularly interested in and passionate about brand.
- 1987 Qualified at DLA
- 1992 Joined Lupton Fawcett as an Equity Partner and appointed to the firm's Management Board
- 2009 Elected Managing Director
- 2018 Stepped down as Managing Director
- Law Society
- Fellow of R3 (Association of Business Recovery Professionals)
- Member of the Insolvency Lawyers' Association
- Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Member of the Anglo Irish Chamber of Commerce
When not at work
Richard is a keen shot and an enthusiastic (if inexpert) fly fisherman. Richard spends quieter moments cooking, reading and annoying his guitar teacher.
Richard can be found frequently in the South West of Ireland taking the Guinness cure.