Private and Cookie PolicyWe use cookies to enhance your experience while using our website. We will take your continued use of our website as consent to our use of cookies.




regulatory and corporate defence banner

Variation of Licence

If you wish to change any aspect of your licence or club certificate once it has been granted then you will need to apply to your Local Authority for either a full or minor variation.

If you want to make minor changes to your licence then a variation application can be made. However, if you want to make substantial changes to the licence, such as increasing the hours when you sell alcohol, then a full variation application must be made and this process is similar to the application for a new premises licence.

Identifying whether the changes can be dealt with by a minor or full variation application can be very difficult. If you apply for a minor variation and it is rejected then you will have to reapply for a full variation and will incur additional fees.  Our experienced solicitors can provide advice from the offset to identify the route that you need to take, saving you costs and time.

Speak to a Licensing Specialist

We provide specialist advice for all areas of licensing. For help with any questions you may have or advice you require, contact our team today.

Get in Touch

With Lupton Fawcett on your side, you're taking control. Contact us today.

Enquiry Form

Please complete this form to make an enquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

Remember you can still call us on 0333 323 5292 or email us at

Get in Touch