Business Dispute Resolution for Non-Lawyers
Module Leader: Brian Harrington
This informative and interactive full day session (which combines theory based learning with a series of interactive group sessions) has been created to provide business owners, managers, executives and others with a solid understanding of the key aspects of legal practice and procedure impacting on the resolution and management of businesses disputes. [NB This course can be provided in two half day modules]
This module aims to provide participants with:
- A solid grounding in the fundamentals of resolving business disputes through the Civil Courts and other processes, including Arbitration and Adjudication.
- A thorough introduction to Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) including Mediation, Expert Determination, Early Neutral Evaluation.
- A comprehensive grounding in the Civil Court system and the pre-action protocols.
- An introduction to the key stages of a Civil Court action.
- The knowledge and understanding needed to manage disputes and what to do when things go wrong.
By the end of this module, participants will:
- Understand the key concepts underpinning business dispute management and the choices available.
- Have clarity about legal practice and procedure when a business dispute arises, and how to minimise the impact of a dispute.
- Appreciate the key ADR alternatives to Civil Court litigation and the pros and cons.
- Understand the key stages of the Civil Court process.
- Have an appreciation of how to avoid pitfalls and manage costly legal disputes effectively.
- Be able to utilise their newly gained knowledge of business dispute management practice and procedure to assist in the effective running of their business and/or operation.
Business Dispute Resolution for Non-Lawyers: Course Agenda
|09:00 - 09:30||Coffee and Registration|
|09:30 - 09:35||Introduction to the day|
|09:35 - 10:10||Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)|
|10:10 - 10:30||Group work and case study A|
|10:30 - 10:45||Coffee Break|
|10:45 - 12:15||Jurisdictions|
|12:15 - 12:30||Group work and case study B|
|12:30 - 13:15||Lunch|
|13:15 - 13:30||Pre-Action Protocols|
|13:30 - 14:00||Court Litigation Procedure – Commencement|
|14:00 - 14:15||Group work and case study C|
|14:15 - 14:30||Coffee Break|
|14:30 - 15:15||Court Litigation Procedure – Progression|
|15:15 - 15:30||Group work and case study D|
|15:30 - 16:00||Contracts|
|16:00 - 16:15||Case Management|
|16:15 - 16:30||Recap of the day|
Our standard charge is £200 plus VAT per delegate for a full day course, if it is being held at our premises or a venue close to our offices. In addition, we do offer three for the price of two rates.
For a half day course, our fees are £125 plus VAT per delegate.
Should you require the course to be held in-house at your premises, then the fee would be £2,000 plus VAT for up to 12 attendees. Should your premises be in London, then the fee would be £2500 plus VAT plus travel and hotel costs.
For a half day course, our fee would be £1250 or £1500 for London plus travel costs.
If you are interested in reserving a place, please contact Hayley MacDonald.
Get in Touch
With Lupton Fawcett on your side, you're taking control. Contact us today.
At last it is all at an end, and we are happy with the outcome. We would like to thank you and the team for giving control back to our lives, god knows where we would be, also for your professionalism and counselling to guide us through this horrendous ordeal we do thank you, it was worth every penny.David Haywood, Former Minority Shareholder in Haywood and Padgett Limited