Employment Law for Managers - half day course
Module Leader: Brian Harrington
This informative and interactive half-day session (which combines theory-based learning with a series of interactive group sessions) has been created to provide managers with a solid understanding of the key aspects of employment law that impact upon the management of businesses and individuals on a daily basis. We do have a comprehensive full day training course - click here for further details.
This module aims to provide participants with:
- The knowledge and understanding needed to deal with a range of issues including unfair dismissal, misconduct, constructive dismissal, absenteeism and performance management.
- An introduction to the key concepts which underpin UK equality law; including the key protected characteristics, direct discrimination, indirect discrimination, victimisation and harassment.
By the end of this module, participants will:
- Understand the key concepts that underpin UK employment law;
- Understand and appreciate the key employment risks associated with managing staff and the steps that can be taken to minimise the risk of claims; and
- Have a working understanding of the role and function of their own organisation’s Human Resources department.
Employment Law for Managers: Course Agenda
|09:00 - 09:30||Coffee and Registration|
|09:30 - 10:15||Unfair dismissal & constructive dismissal|
|10:15 - 10:30||Group work and case study|
|10:30 - 10:45||Coffee Break|
|10:45 - 11.30||Performance, absence & misconduct|
|11.30 - 12:15||Group work and case study|
|12.15 - 12.30||Recap of the day|
Our standard charge is £200 plus VAT per delegate for a full day course, if it is being held at our premises or a venue close to our offices. In addition, we do offer three for the price of two rates.
For a half day course, our fees are £125 plus VAT per delegate.
Should you require the course to be held in-house at your premises, then the fee would be £2,000 plus VAT for up to 12 attendees. Should your premises be in London, then the fee would be £2500 plus VAT plus travel and hotel costs.
For a half day course, our fee would be £1250 or £1500 for London plus travel costs.
If you are interested in reserving a place, please contact Rebecca Corina.
Get in Touch
With Lupton Fawcett on your side, you're taking control. Contact us today.