We understand that our clients do not like surprises, that they like transparency and control as to fees.
Quality is a byword for us. Quality does not necessarily come cheap – nevertheless, we will endeavour to ensure that once we have a full appreciation of your requirements you will receive a realistic estimate.
Please see below, current pricing for our private client services in relation to the distribution of assets following death.
Probate Services: Obtaining Grant, collection and distribution of assets
Estimate range: £3,000 - £4,000* plus VAT based our hourly rates.
£10 plus VAT – Identity verification search (per person)
VAT is added to our costs figures, above, and is currently charged at the prevailing rate
- £157 - Probate application fee
- £7 – Swearing of the oath per executor
- £5 – Swearing of the oath per administrator where there is no will
- £2 (plus VAT) – Bankruptcy-only Land Charges Department searches (per beneficiary)
- £300-£450 – Advert in Newspaper (dependant on local paper charges)
The fee range is conditional on the below assumptions:
- There is a valid will
- There is no more than one property
- There are no more than 5 bank accounts
- There are no other intangible assets
- The full estate is within the UK
- There are no more than 5 beneficiaries
- There are no disputes between beneficiaries on division of assets.
- There is no inheritance tax payable
- The Executors do not need to submit a full account to HMRC
- There are no claims made against the estate
What we will do for you
- Provide you with a dedicated and experienced probate solicitor to work on your matter
- Identify the legally appointed executors or administrators and beneficiaries
- Accurately identify the type of Probate application you will require
- Identify the information required to make the application
- Complete the Probate Application and the relevant HMRC forms based on the information provided by you and obtained from interested parties
- Draft a legal oath for you to swear
- Make the application to the Probate Court on your behalf and deal with any requisitions
- Obtain the Grant and collect in the assets and discharge liabilities from funds received
- Prepare final accounts and distribute
- Dealing with estates where there is no will
- Dealing with estates that consists of any shareholdings
- Additional copies of grant (4 will be obtained within the £157 application fee)
- Sale or transfer of property
- Dealing with property and/or assets outside of the UK
- Correspondence relating to a property in the estate that is not sold within 6 months of the date of the Grant of probate
Get in Touch
With Lupton Fawcett on your side, you're taking control. Contact us today.