You want to know that as much of your money as possible passes to your family or chosen beneficiaries when you die. To protect your assets, including property, money and possessions, it is crucial you seek expert legal advice.
Lupton Fawcett can help you navigate the complex area of law related to the protection of assets and help you take the necessary steps to safeguard them.
How to Protect Your Assets
There are many ways to safeguard your assets: the starting point is to to make a will to lessen the impact of problems raised by threats such as:
- Inheritance tax (IHT)
- Care home fees
- Capital gains tax
- Forced inheritance
- Family or matrimonial problems
- Business risks
- Lack of mental capacity
Actions you can take to protect your assets include:
- Creating a family trust to save your relatives the trouble of going through the legal procedures of probate - the legal process of “proving” a will in court
- Making a transfer of property agreement to allow a smooth transaction to family or loved ones
- Leaving your share of a property under a joint tenancy to avoid the property automatically transferring to the other tenant
- Obtaining a freezing injunction to prevent access to certain assets
How We Can Help
The wills, trusts and estates team has vast experience in protecting assets on behalf of clients and will provide advice and guidance in language that is easy to understand to keep things as simple as possible for you.
We have helped individuals from all types of backgrounds, including families, business owners, entrepreneurs and other professionals, successfully protect their assets to ensure they are transferred to the right people.
Talk to Us
To discuss how to protect your assets with a specialist solicitor, contact our Leeds, Sheffield or York offices by using the details below.
Get in Touch
With Lupton Fawcett on your side, you're taking control. Contact us today.