Module Leader: Angela Gorton
This informative and interactive half-day session (which combines theory-based learning with a series of interactive group sessions) has been created to provide managers with a solid understanding of the key aspects of the requirements placed on businesses under the Modern Slavery Act and Bribery Act, given guidance on assessing risks and producing your annual statement. It will assist a business in demonstrating that they have taken reasonable steps to educate and train managers and staff in reducing the risk of such issues arising in the workplace and enable you to demonstrate to your business, customers and suppliers that you are complying with any contractual and statutory obligations and assist in supporting your statutory defence to such claims.
This module aims to provide participants with:
- A thorough introduction to the key concepts which underpin the Anti-Bribery provisions required of UK business and the elimination/reduction of slavery and human trafficking risks in a business and its supply chain.
- The knowledge and understanding needed to manage and respond to allegations of bribery, slavery or human trafficking in the business supply chain and the steps to be taken to do so.
By the end of this module, participants will:
- understand the key concepts that underpin Modern Slavery and Anti-Bribery and Corruption Legislation;
- Be able to utilise their newly gained knowledge to assist in the effective running of their business and/or operation;
- Understand and appreciate the risks associated with allegations of bribery, slavery or human trafficking and the steps that can be taken to minimise the risk of claims
Modern Slavery & Bribery Act Training: Course Agenda
|09:00 – 09:30||Coffee and Registration|
|09:30 – 09:35||Introduction to the day|
|09:35 – 09:55||Modern Slavery|
|09:55 – 10:25||The Annual Statement|
|10:25 – 10:40||Group work and case study|
|10:40 – 10:55||Coffee Break|
|10:55 – 12:00||Bribery & Corruption|
|12:20 – 12:20||Group work and case study|
|12:20 – 12:30||Recap of the day|
Our standard charge is £200 plus VAT per delegate for a full day course if it is being held at our premises or a venue close to our offices. In addition, we do offer three for the price of two rates.
For a half day course, our fees are £125 plus VAT per delegate.
Should you require the course to be held in-house at your premises, then the fee would be £2,000 plus VAT for up to 12 attendees. Should your premises be in London, then the fee would be £2500 plus VAT plus travel and hotel costs.
For a half day course, our fee would be £1250 or £1500 for London plus travel costs.
If you are interested in reserving a place, please contact Hayley MacDonald.