Lupton Fawcett’s corporate tax team has years of experience in helping businesses with their tax needs. Our specialist solicitors are incredibly knowledgeable in this area of law and can assist with all types of issues.
If you would like to speak to a solicitor about a corporate tax issue or would just like some general advice, get in touch by calling 0333 323 5292 or by filling in the enquiry form and we will get back to you shortly.
We advise on the tax implications of various corporate tax issues, including:
- Share-for-share exchanges
- Clearance applications
- Equity offerings
- Venture Capital Trust (VCT) investments
- Enterprise Investment Schemes (EIS)
- The application of the employment-related securities legislation
- Seed Enterprise Investment Schemes (SEIS)
- Social Investment Tax Relief (SITR) investments
Our specialist solicitors have extensive experience of drafting and negotiating tax warranties and covenants on business and company acquisitions and disposals, including advising existing shareholders on the tax implications of disposal and structuring consideration in a tax-efficient manner.
We can provide stand-alone advice or second opinions and are happy to work alongside your in-house team and other professional advisors.
How We Have Helped Others
Our recent experience with the corporate team includes:
- Advising on a tax efficient capital reduction demerger
- Obtaining a £1 million VAT assessment overturned
- Advising on the various share buy-backs to secure capital treatment.
- Advising on the tax implications of the restructure of a Leeds-based business by way of a share-for-share exchange, which included obtaining the necessary clearances to benefit from corporation tax, Capital Gains Tax (CGT) and Stamp Duty reliefs.
- Advising directors and other stakeholders on the tax implications of a transaction.
- Advising on tax implications on the incorporation of clubs (and appropriate tax clearances).
- Structuring an EIS fund investment.
If you require assistance with corporate tax, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our team who are more than happy to help.
Contact Us for Help
To speak to a specialist solicitor about corporate tax, get in touch with our Leeds, Sheffield or York offices by using the details below.