At Lupton Fawcett, our personal injury team will do their utmost to get you the financial assistance you require to live as normal a life as you did before the accident. You can get in touch with our solicitors by calling 0333 323 5292, or by filling in the enquiry form on this page to let us know you’d like to hear from us.
Paralysis is a condition usually caused by nerve or spinal cord damage, affecting muscle function in part of your body. We have handled claims for victims who have suffered with all types of paralysis, including:
- Monoplegia – where an arm or leg is paralysed
- Hemiplegia – where an arm and leg on one side of the body is paralysed
- Paraplegia – where both legs are paralysed and, in some cases, the pelvis and lower body too
- Tetraplegia – where both arms and legs are paralysed
There are many causes, but the most common include:
- Multiple sclerosis
- Head and spinal injuries as a result of:
- medical negligence;
- car accidents;
- sporting accidents;
- and head trauma.
What can I claim for?
The amount of compensation paid out depends on how severely paralysed you are, and, as a result, how this affects your independence. Our team can help you secure damages to help with the following expenses:
- Loss, and potential loss, of earnings
- Modifications to the home
- Medical treatment
- Rehabilitation costs
Our team is focused on helping you get the damages you deserve. We will work hard to get you the best possible result, so you have the best chance to improve your quality of life.
Contact us today
If you have been paralysed in an accident, or through medical negligence, you should get legal advice as soon as possible. Get in touch with our lawyers today by calling 0333 323 5292. Alternatively, complete the enquiry form on this page and we will get back to you as soon as possible.