The wills, trusts and estates team at Lupton Fawcett is experienced in handling difficult, emotionally charged situations. Our aim is to make often extremely distressing issues as pain-free as possible.
We have one of the UK’s leading teams in this area of law and have extensive experience in dealing with the following types of disputes:
- Validity of Wills
- Claims involving trusts/trustees
- Negligent Will drafting
- Restructuring of trusts
- Trusts disputes
- Inheritance Act Claims
- Disputes within Family Businesses
- ‘Estoppel’ cases – where you have been promised something by the testator in return for doing something for them
In particular, in recent years we have acted for clients in respect of:
- A multi-million-pound claim involving a conflict between a Will made in England and another Will made in a different European country;
- Successfully challenging a Will made by a dementia sufferer that excluded one of the testator’s children from the Will all together;
- In a landmark and well reported case, obtaining an award for a client for the entire net proceeds of the testator’s estate on the basis of a proprietary estoppel.
Whichever side we represent, we strive to help our clients to achieve a settlement out of court where possible. However, if a settlement is not possible we have the necessary experience to take claims to trial. Where litigation is necessary, we will assist our clients to bring their disputes to court quickly and efficiently.
Many members of our specialist contentious probate team our members of ACTAPS, the Association of Contentious Trusts and Probate Specialists.
So as to help you understand some of the terms often involved with Wills and estates, take a look at our glossary of common terms. If you have any questions, take a look at our “Frequently Asked Questions” below, or get in touch today.
We provide advice on a wide range of legal issues to clients around Yorkshire and beyond from our offices in Leeds, York and Sheffield. For an initial discussion about your case, contact one of our specialist solicitors today using the enquiry form on this page. Alternatively, please complete our questionnaire and return it to us so we can contact you.