Corporate Insolvency & Voluntary Liquidation Arrangements
Corporate insolvency involves achieving many objectives. The team at Lupton Fawcett has a wealth of experience in dealing with all legal issues arising from corporate failures.
We deal with voluntary arrangements, administrations, receiverships and liquidations for companies and partnerships. We act primarily for insolvency practitioners and lending institutions, but also provide advice to directors and shareholders.
To speak to a business insolvency solicitor about our corporate insolvency services, get in touch today by calling 0333 323 5292. Alternatively, fill in our online enquiry form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Corporate insolvency law in the UK embodies four overriding objectives:
- Corporate rescue
- Maximising return to creditors
- A fair system for ranking of creditors’ claims
- Sanctions for culpable management
We advise on all legal issues that can arise from these objectives, including:
- Appointing an insolvency practitioner
- Validating a lender’s security
- Advising about retention of title and other propriety claims
- Recovering and realising assets, including business and asset sales
- Advising on trusts and other equitable rights
- Handling administrations and receiverships
- Assisting with company and individual voluntary arrangements
Lupton Fawcett’s corporate insolvency team has years of experience helping businesses mitigate proceedings. Our aim is to act in the best interests of your business and creditors. We have helped a number of businesses that span across industry sectors, including automotive, construction, leisure, legal practices, licensed trade, property, retail and textiles.
We have worked on a number of notable cases, including:
- Acting for the administrators on the high-value and complex sale of the business and assets of a large textiles business, which ultimately resulted in the saving of numerous jobs and included dealing with a complicated sale of unregistered land
- Acting for the administrators of a law firm to help dispose of the main parts of the business to three different buyers
- Acting for receivers appointed over a solicitor’s practice
- Acting for administrators of a large residential property group
- Acting for administrators for a loss-making subsidiary of a large property development group
- Acting for administrators on the sale of a pub chain, which involved complex negotiations with breweries, landlords and local authorities
- Acting for a liquidator charged with the liquidation of a 300-acre farm with development potential and a possible return to shareholders
Talk to Us
We provide a personalised service, with sector specialists and extensive resources to ensure we are giving you the best solutions to your problems.
Our Business Insolvency Solicitors act regularly for clients across the United Kingdom including Bradford, Birmingham, Hull, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Sheffield, York and Nottingham.
As recognised Corporate Insolvency Lawyers we can support your needs wherever you live in England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland.
We will always respond promptly, and we will be happy to help.