Employment Tax Legal Advice
At Lupton Fawcett, we understand how difficult it can be juggling your responsibilities as an employer while trying to make your business successful. Our solicitors will help to make matters involving employment tax as simple and stress-free as possible to ensure you can focus on your business’s goals.
To speak to a lawyer about how we can help your business. Contact us by calling 0333 323 5292 or by filling in the enquiry form.
We can assist you with various employment tax issues including:
- Tax efficient employee share options and incentives
- Taxation of termination payments
- Employment-related securities
- Share buy-backs from departing employees
- Applications for tax clearances on relevant terminations
- Employment status and associated tax issues
- Tax issues relating to non-executive directors
- Personal service companies (IR35 legislation)
- Agency worker tax legislation
We can also provide you with advice on general employment tax issues.
At Lupton Fawcett, we know that having the right information to hand can help with employment tax issues, which is why we work closely with the employment team in order to provide comprehensive advice to all of our clients. We can also provide stand-alone tax advice and are happy to collaborate with your appointed advisers to implements solutions or provide second opinions.
Due to the nature of our practice, the majority of the work we do in this area is highly confidential, but the following gives some examples of our experience:
- Advising on the £30,000 exemption in a variety of cases
- Advising on clawback of bonus payments (taxation of negative earnings)
- Advising on availability of disability exemption for payment on termination
- Payments for variation of rights/duties in connection with employment
- Looking into possibility of Regulation 72 direction or “Demibourne” direction where employer did not withhold PAYE and NICs
- Exempt shareholder status (shares for rights)
- Tax treatment of employee loan waivers and write-offs
- Contributions into pension schemes on termination
- Tax and reporting issues on termination (timing, application of the OT code, lump sum, stage payments and ongoing benefits)
Contact Us for Help
To speak to us about a tax employment issue or for general advice on the subject, get in touch by using the details on the contact form.