Michelle studied and passed the Institute of Trade Mark Attorney's Formalities Exam in 1996 and is an experienced Trade Mark Formalities Assistant and assists the solicitors and clients in managing their trade mark and design portfolios. As well as filing UK and EU trade marks and designs, Michelle works with trade mark attorneys in foreign jurisdictions to file trade marks and designs for our clients overseas.
- Managing trade mark portfolios and designs databases
- Renewal of trade marks and designs
- Producing annual reports and costings to assist clients with budgeting
- Carrying out trade mark searches and providing initial advice on new applications
- Reviewing trade mark watch notifications and advising client of new third party applications which are of concern
- Reviewing notifications from OHIM and the IPO of marks that may conflict with client marks
- Advising and assisting the solicitors with the opposition process when the client wishes to challenge third party applications
- 1982 Leeds Metroplitan University - Passed the Institute of Legal Executives Examination in Land Law (Parts 1 and 2)
- 1996 Studied and passed the Institute of Trade Mark Agents formalities exam
What others say
Michelle is the best thing since sliced bread and has the patience of a saint whilst working with the other crackpots in this team!
When not at work
Michelle is a retired school governor and was Chair of the Curriculum Committee at her local primary school for four years.
She has three teenage sons and spends a great deal of time watching them playing sports competitively and driving them to and from their matches. She also volunteers at the local church and serves refreshments to the congregation on a rota basis. In recent times she has fundraised for Oxfam following natural disasters and also for Christian Aid.