We have an enviable reputation and expertise in handling all aspects of insolvency investigation and litigation, acting primarily for insolvency practitioners, but also lending institutions, directors and corporations.
To speak to a solicitor about our contentious insolvency services, get in touch today by calling 0333 323 5292. Alternatively, fill in our online enquiry form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
We have experience in dealing with:
- Antecedent transactions
- Recovery of misapplied assets
- Wrongful trading
- Fraudulent trading
- “Phoenix” companies
- Defending against director disqualification proceedings
Seeking specialist legal advice early on in the insolvency process is crucial to any business concerned about potential liabilities during financial difficulties.
We advise businesses on how to avoid action being brought against them during contentious insolvency procedures by ensuring they stay above the law during insolvent liquidation. For example, making sure directors hold regular board meetings and clearly record all financial decisions that are made.
We have worked on a number of notable cases, including:
- Acting for administrators in a successful multi-million pound insurance claim
- Acting for administrators in successfully challenging the payment of £150,000 as transaction at an undervalue
- Acting for liquidators of a large plumbing contractor on a fraud investigation worth over £1 million
- Acting for liquidators of an After the Event (ATE) insurer in a dispute over £6 million of insurance proceeds
- Acting for administrators of an online resource provider where a dispute had arisen amongst the directors that required a court application for the sale of fixed charge assets