Amanda is a Senior Associate in our Leeds office. Qualifying as a solicitor in 1988, Amanda provides legal advice in respect of all aspects of Private Client work including drafting wills, trusts and their related documents, lasting powers of attorney, Court of Protection applications, administering trusts and estates and giving personal tax planning advice. Amanda is a Chartered Tax Adviser and a member of STEP and specialises in complex trusts and trustee duty issues, cross-border work (such as offshore trusts and cases where there is an international connection) and advising families where a substantial part of their wealth is in a family owned business.
Amanda is one of only ten UK Practitioners who sit on STEP’s International Council. Amanda also sits on the STEP Business Families Special Interest Group Steering Committee and has been a member of the STEP Yorkshire Branch committee for 10 years, having served as Chairman of the Yorkshire Branch for 4 years until June 2014. Please click here to read Amanda's recent interview.
Amanda is a Virtual Member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation's (“CIOT”) CGT and Investment Income and Succession Taxes technical subcommittees and was part of the CIOT team which made representations to HMRC during the consultation on changes to the taxation of trusts for vulnerable beneficiaries and on the requirement to notify HMRC of offshore structures. Amanda contributed to an original chapter in Finance and Law for the Older Client.
- Trusts and international wills
- Personal tax planning, offshore trusts and non-domiciliaries
- Advising business families on succession planning
- 1985 Graduated from Leicester University
- 1988 Qualified as a solicitor
- 1991 Passed ATII exam to become a Chartered Tax Adviser and joined Ernst & Young
- 1997-2001 Moved to Wrigleys
- 2001-2003 Moved to Boodle Hatfield
- 2003-2009 Joined Addleshaw Goddard
- 2010-2012 Moved to DWF and became a Director
- 2015 Joined Lupton Fawcett's Private Client team as a Senior Associate
- Law Society
- Chartered Institute of Taxation
When not at work
Amanda likes to travel. The Himalayas and South America are her favourite places. She also loves to go to the theatre, enjoys cookery, gardening and walking her dog in the Dales and in the Lake District at weekends.