Whether you are striving to remain ahead of the curve or you’re looking to minimise the prospect of costly employment tribunals, the fast moving nature of employment law can make it incredibly difficult to keep up. Legal advice from a solicitor can ensure you’re running your business smoothly and efficiently.
Lupton Fawcett boasts one of Yorkshire’s largest and most respected employment law teams. Our solicitors have expertise in dealing with a variety of businesses, charities and organisations from our offices in Leeds, Sheffield and York, providing comprehensive legal advice and strategies tailored to your company’s employment needs.
If you need to speak to a lawyer about an employment law matter that is affecting your company, get in touch with Lupton Fawcett today. Simply call us on 0333 323 5292, send us an email or fill in our online enquiry form and a member of the team will get back to you as soon as possible.
Areas of Expertise
We have helped businesses with a wide range of employment law matters, including:
- Absence management
- Business immigration advice
- Contracts of employment
- Discrimination and whistleblowing
- Disciplinary, grievance and performance issues
- Employment tribunals
- Employee fraud
- Executive service agreements
- Holiday pay claims and audits
- HR support and advice
- National Minimum Wage
- Restrictive covenants and confidential information
- Settlement agreements and protected conversations
- Share option schemes
- Social media conduct
- Trade union and industrial relations
- The Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) (TUPE)
- Unfair dismissal
- Workplace policies and procedures
- Employment Law and the Family Business
How Lupton Fawcett Can Help
Our employment law team provides an excellent service that is tailored to your business and explains complex employment law procedures in terms you will understand. Our reputation, skill and success have been consistently recognised by both the Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners, and we have an enviable and proven track record of acting from some of the region’s well-known businesses.
We understand that keeping up to date with the latest developments in employment law can be tricky when you’ve got a business to run. However, we have a range of resources available that will ensure you’re informed of current changes in legislation, including the Employment Express and the Lupton Fawcett employment law team’s Twitter feed.
To read about how we’ve helped other businesses with employment law issues, take a look at our case studies.
Employment Law Training
Our solicitors work closely with businesses in order to deliver employment law training directly to HR teams, senior managers and key personnel that is insightful, engaging and relevant. Sessions can be tailored to suit your organisation’s specific needs and requirements or you can take our ‘Introduction to Employment Law’ for a comprehensive look at the legislation that could affect your business.
Training can be held either in-house or from one of our offices in Leeds, Sheffield or York, and attendees are provided with a full set of notes and materials and are actively encouraged to participate in group discussions and case studies.
For more information on the training we offer or to book a session, get in touch using the details below.
Contact Us for Help
To speak to a solicitor about our employment law services or for advice on a dispute involving a member of staff, call us on 0333 323 5292. Alternatively, send us an email or fill in our online enquiry form to let us know that you would like to hear from us.
- Uber Update
- Legislation Round-Up
- Notice of Termination
- No implied term to prevent repayment of loan in voluntary redundancy
- Can you rely upon a manifestly inappropriate final written warning when deciding to dismiss?
- Workers and the gig economy - latest case
- Information Commissioner on primacy of data protection for all professionals - backed by swingeing penalties
- National Minimum Wage rate increases and Employment Tribunal fee review
- Gender Pay Gap - latest news
- Redundancy - a cautionary tale!
- All I want for Christmas is...an end to poverty...world peace...and to eliminate the gender pay gap
- Salary Sacrifice - Consultation on restricting tax benefits
- Simplifying Tax and NICs on Termination Payments: The Wait is Over
- Gender Pay Gap - Implementation Delayed
- Hermes and Uber - exploitation or welcome flexibility?
- Discrimination Awards to increase
- Brexit and an increase in race-related incidents
- Chelsea pay off and apology for former club doctor
- Religious discrimination - don't believe everything you read in the papers...
- Important amendments made to the law governing the Recruitment Sector
- Data protection - new changes will shock employers
- Footwear and sexism in the workplace
- Trade Union Act is passed
- Court prevents Employer from implementing its new Absence Management Policy
- Shared parental leave - one year on
- Care provider settles employee's National Minimum Wage claim
- The Budget - what the HR team needs to know
- How long can an employee be laid off for before it becomes unreasonable
- Update on holiday pay
- Dismissal of Employees Following Allegations of Historic Child Abuse
- Rules for hourly paid travelling staff
- Why would a business owner sell the Company to the employees?
- Does a temporary agency worker have the right to be awarded the permanent equivalent of their role?
- October 2015 employment law changes
Get in Touch
With Lupton Fawcett on your side, you're taking control. Contact us today.