Our lawyers have a wealth of experience when it comes to the negotiation of settlement agreements.
A settlement agreement is a legally binding agreement between an employer and an employee. The employer typically offers to pay the employee an enhanced sum of money in return for the employee agreeing to give up their right to bring claims arising out of their contract of employment and/or its termination.
In many respects, these agreements represent an ideal outcome for all parties concerned, with the employee avoiding the need to bring a costly and time-consuming claim against their employer.
Contact us as soon as possible if you have been offered a settlement agreement or are about to enter into negotiations with your employer concerning the proposed termination of your employment. Our lawyers will use their skill, knowledge and expertise to negotiate the best possible deal for you in your circumstances. Read a case study here, which shows how we helped an employee who felt she was treated unfairly.
Speak to us
Call us today to speak to one of our settlement agreement solicitors. We are based in Yorkshire and have offices in Leeds, Sheffield and York.
Get in Touch
With Lupton Fawcett on your side, you're taking control. Contact us today.
Related Case Studies
Related Blog Articles
- All I want for Christmas is...an end to poverty...world peace...and to eliminate the gender pay gap
- Salary Sacrifice - Consultation on restricting tax benefits
- Simplifying Tax and NICs on Termination Payments: The Wait is Over
- Gender Pay Gap - Implementation Delayed
- Hermes and Uber - exploitation or welcome flexibility?
- Discrimination Awards to increase
- Brexit and an increase in race related incidents
- Chelsea pay off and apology for former club doctor
- Religious discrimination - don't believe everything you read in the papers...
- Important amendments made to the law governing the Recruitment Sector
- Data protection - new changes will shock employers
- Footwear and sexism in the workplace
- Trade Union Act is passed
- Court prevents Employer from implementing its new Absence Management Policy
- Shared parental leave - one year on
- Care provider settles employee's National Mininum Wage claim
- The Budget - what the HR team needs to know
- How long can an employee be laid off for before it becomes unreasonable
- Update on holiday pay
- Dismissal of Employees Following Allegations of Historic Child Abuse
- Rules for hourly paid travelling staff
- Why would a business owner sell the Company to the employees?
- Does a temporary agency worker have the right to be awarded the permanent equivalent of their role?
- October 2015 employment law changes
Vicki – who brought a successful unfair dismissal case against a hospital, based on her disability.
“So to all of you I would like to say. THANK YOU. Thank you for believing in me and for fighting my corner. Thank you for restoring my faith in this world. You are nothing short of brilliant.”