Lupton Fawcett’s trust, wills and estates team has helped many people write their wills and can ensure the process is thorough, easy and as sstress-free as possible.
To speak to a solicitor about making a will, contact our Yorkshire offices today by calling 0333 323 5292 or by filling in our the enquiry form on this page and letting us get in touch with you.
Why Should I Make a Will?
There are many reasons why you should make a will; you can decide who will deal with your estate, name who you will leave money or personal items to and minimise your Inheritance Tax (IHT) bill. There are also certain family situations that are important to have a will for, including:
- If you are in a second marriage
- If you are cohabiting
- If you have stepchildren
- If you want to exclude someone from benefiting from your assets
- If you care for a disabled person and want to ensure they are taken care of
In any of the above situations, if you do not have a will, how your estate is dealt with will be decided by UK law, so it is vital you draft a will to ensure your wants and wishes are met. If property is involved, not having a will can mean it goes up for sale.
Once you have drafted a will, it is important to review it every few years or if your circumstances change. We can help you review a will.
How We Can Help
Our aim is to make sure that the people you care about are provided for in your will. That means we can assist by:
- Helping you decide on a suitable executor
- Ensuring any vulnerable persons are taken of
- Sorting out funeral arrangements
- Taking steps to minimise the cost of inheritance tax (IHT)
- Making sure the will is legally correct and valid
Talk to Us
For legal assistance on drafting a will, get in touch with our Leeds, Sheffield or York office today by filling out the enquiry form on this page.