Jonathan Oxley is a Member and Managing Partner at Lupton Fawcett LLP.
Jonathan became the firm's Managing Partner in April 2018. As well as managing the firm, he continues to practice as a corporate lawyer, specialising in buying, selling and financing companies. He also advises on employee share schemes and employee share ownership. Jonathan particularly enjoys working with dedicated, creative and entrepreneurial business people who are looking for pro-active counsel to contribute to the growth and success of their business ventures. He has a particular focus on SME businesses where the benefit of his experience, as the manager of a business, is a great asset to clients. A long-standing client describes Jonathan as "customer focused, knowledgeable, reliable" and as having a "can do attitude".
- 1983 LLB from the University of Nottingham
- 1986 Qualified as a Solicitor
- 1984 Gouldens, London (now Jones Day)
- 1991 Appointed Partner at Lee & Priestley
- 1994 Appointed Office Managing Partner at Lee & Priestley
- 2000 Became Managing Partner at Lee & Priestley
- 2009 Became a Senior Partner at Lee & Priestley
- 2012 Became a Director at Lupton Fawcett LLP
- 2018 Became Managing Partner at Lupton Fawcett LLP
What Others Say
Jonathan is an invaluable sounding board with a "can-do attitude". - Chambers & Partners UK 2013
Gravitas, knowledge and bedside manner. - The Legal 500 UK
Leeds, Law Society
Institute of Directors
When not at work
Jonathan is a former Chairman of the Yorkshire and Humber region of the Institute of Directors (IOD), he continues to represent the IOD in the region on devolution and the Northern Powerhouse. He is also Chairman of the Yorkshire Shadow Monetary Policy Committee which is run by Lupton Fawcett in conjunction with The Yorkshire Post.