Agricultural and landed estates
We have long-standing expertise in advising owners of landed estates on all legal aspects of estate business. From the traditional to the diversified, we are conversant with a range of issues that the owners and their agents regularly face in running the estate.
How we can help
Thanks to our years of experience, we can offer practical advice and expertise on the following:
- Agricultural Holdings Act 1986 tenancies and farm business tenancies;
- agri-environmental schemes;
- assured shorthold tenancies, residential tenancies and business tenancies;
- common land and village greens – registration of the land;
- development of land, including conditional contracts, options, overage and promotion agreements;
- grazing tenancies and licences;
- mines and minerals;
- occupation of farm cottages;
- problem tenants and rent recovery;
- property disputes e.g. public or private rights of way, boundaries, trespass and travellers;
- renewable energy projects including wind, UV and solar panels, anaerobic digestion, batter storage and hydro;
- sale and purchases of farms, agricultural land and rural businesses; and
- sporting and fishing rights.
The advantage of offering agriculture and estate property services within a commercial firm is that we can also help you exploit the estate’s commercial potential as the pressure to diversify continues. For example, with merchandising and licensing.
Furthermore, we can offer advice on income-generating projects, such as setting up wind/solar farms and caravan parks or developing an e-commerce offering.
As recognised experts in agricultural law we can support your needs wherever you live in England or Wales. If you would like any further information, please contact us on 0333 323 5292 or complete the enquiry form and we will get in touch with you.
Your key contact
Sign up for our newsletter
Please fill in the form below to receive legal updates and seminar invitations from our expert solicitors – straight to your inbox.