Simon is a Director at Lupton Fawcett and is head of the Sheffield Dispute Management Team. He is also a member of the firm's Civil Fraud Asset Recovery Unit.
Simon is regularly instructed by both corporate and individual clients in high value litigation. He has extensive experience in complex contractual disputes and shareholder/partnership claims. Other areas of work include professional negligence, defamation and defending directors threatened with disqualification proceedings. Simon has a reputation as a robust and commercially astute litigator.
- Civil Fraud
- Director/Shareholder litigation including claims for unfair prejudice
- Director Disqualification Proceedings
- Contractual Disputes, particularly claims for breach of warranty and relating to the sale of goods
- Professional Negligence
- 1990 Graduated in Law at the University of East Anglia
- 1991 Articles with Dibb Lupton Broomhead (now DLA)
- 1993 Qualified as a Solicitor
- 1995 Assistant Solicitor and Associate with hlw Commercial Lawyers
- 2002 Partner, at hlw Commercial Lawyers
- 2007 Head of Dispute Resolution at hlw Commercial Lawyers
- 2011 Partner, hlw Keeble Hawson
- 2013 Appointed as a Director and head of the Sheffield Dispute Management Team at Lupton Fawcett
What Others Say
Simon is listed as a key individual in his field in The Legal 500 UK. In recent editions he has been described as "highly rated by clients."
- Law Society
When not at work
Simon is married with two children. He is a keen cricket follower (Yorkshire & England) and enjoys fell walking in the South Pennines, cycling and swimming.