Following completion of her LL.B degree in 2012, Sophie has specialised exclusively in practicing Family law. Having completed a family focused training contract at a specialist family law firm, she qualified as a solicitor in 2018.
She has experience of advising clients in a wide range of family matters including representation in divorce proceedings and financial disputes and settlements. Sophie also advises in cohabitation disputes, and has regularly represented clients in a broad spectrum of children matters including public and private law applications and domestic abuse work including obtaining protective injunctions.
Sophie has experience in dealing with some of the more complex children matters such as removal from the jurisdiction and international child abduction, working in conjunction with the International Child Abduction and Contact Unit in London.
Sophie also has a keen interest in Child Protection matters and currently is acting as Chairperson to a local Nursery in order to provide advice regarding safeguarding matters.
- Private Children Law applications
- Financial remedy proceedings and settlements
- Civil Partnership disputes
- Disputes between cohabitees
- Adoption applications and advice
- Public Law Children Act Applications
- Drafting and advising on pre and post nuptial, cohabitation and Separation agreements
- 2012 – Graduated from University of Northumbria with Solicitors Exempting (Hons) Degree
- 2016 – Commenced training contract
- 2018 – Qualified as a solicitor
- 2019 – Joined Lupton Fawcett
What Others Say
Acted with maturity beyond her years and with the pragmatism needed – former colleague
Sophie helped me at a time of need and took the time to listen and guide me through the process – Client (Mrs C)
- Law Society
When not at work
Sophie enjoys competing in running races around Yorkshire and has most recently completed the Yorkshire Marathon at York in October 2018. Sophie continues to keep fit and regularly weight lifts with friends at a local gym.